ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
Re: 1863 civil war token -boars brothers - spelt "broas" pie baker 131 41st

yes it does -- was it boars or broas ? was the broas an error in spelling? seen it both ways on e bay

Upvote 0
Re: 1863 civil war token -boars brothers - spelt "broas" pie baker 131 41st

thanks

Upvote 0
very similar on the front ---- differant rear though mine says "our country" -- instead of army navy type motto

Upvote 0
Struck in lead, this Broas Brothers variety is cataloged in Fuld's U.S. Civil War Store Cards as #NY 630M-1g and is rated R5 for rarity (75-200 known). It generally lists for $12-15 in F-VF condition.

Upvote 0
SWR yes I "admit" there are two threads about the 1863 token ---- the "first" one was in "todays finds" to tell others about me about finding it --- and the other is in "whats is it" for me try to find out more about it and its value since I'm not a "token" expert --- I figgered I would learn from others who know more on the subject of "tokens" than me ( like PBK* see below)-- I not trying to PUMP up my post count (as some are folks do) but was rather merely annoucing a find / seeking information on it -- the first was in "finds" --the second "what's it" ---both in their "proper" places -- sorry if that somehow upset you >:( --- as always you do not need click on / read my post if they bother you --- just say "no" --- just bypass my postings --- don't click it / don't read it -- hopefully this will keep you from being disturbed in the future . --- have a nice day :) ---

Thank you PBK for the information -- its a big help --Ivan

Upvote 0
differant folks often go to differant threads -- some are ID regulars on the "what is it" forum --- like PBK -- other folks only hit the todays finds forum however (note the vast numbers of post and replies differance between the two)-- however I can see where its not a bad idea to say "in both "todays finds" and "what is it" to stop double researching on a "dead to rights" IDed item ---(like this one has been by PBK) he has totally answered my questions like have like how many of them are there? (R5 means -- 75 to 200 known) and whats the "rough" value--- about $12 in "fine" condition

I'm rather pleased with this civil war related item -- even if its a not super rare or high dollar collector value item --- and glad to "know"a bit more than I used to thanks to PBK's input. Ivan

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back