61.5 KB · Views: 462
  • Picture 015.jpg
    Picture 015.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 450
  • Picture 007 (2).jpg
    Picture 007 (2).jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 452
Re: 1863 coin ID?

Put the peroxide to that sucker...you'll get your id!

Definitely 1863 though.

Upvote 0

Hard to tell but kinda looks like a French Napoleon the third coin. I found two of those in Germany but they were dated in the 1850s.Can you tell if there is an eagle on the back?

Upvote 0

It's French. 1863. Most likely a 2 centime piece.

2 centime.jpg

The reverse:

2 centime reverse.jpg

Upvote 0

Thats it ! Good job BB. ;)

Upvote 0

romeo-1 said:
Put the peroxide to that sucker...you'll get your id!

Definitely 1863 though.
That peroxide works good ,romeo-1 , the back now looks better than the front . I left it in olive oil last nite - this morning I put it Peroxide for 4 hours , the crusty stuff over the eagle flaked off !. I also discovered it has a hole (necklace)
Thanks birdman and BuckleBoy - great id !

Attachments

• Picture 014.jpg
    Picture 014.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 344
  • Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 339
Upvote 0
Nice looking coin, and certainly an interesting find! The cleaning worked well. It looks like the coin has my initials on the back under the eagle (BB). You should mail it to me ;)

Nah...seriously... congrats on a cool find.

-Buckleboy

Upvote 0
Wow,you saved me a posting BB.I found the same coin today although mine is badly worn.I was going to post a pic and see if anyone could help tell me what it was,but i looked threw here and here i find the answer.
Nice coin great find!! And awesome i.d. BB

Upvote 0
JasonL2972 said:
Wow,you saved me a posting BB.I found the same coin today although mine is badly worn.I was going to post a pic and see if anyone could help tell me what it was,but i looked threw here and here i find the answer.

Sure thing, buddy. Out of curiosity, what was the date on yours?

Upvote 0
I have used peroxide used but never let anything soak in it .Man that coin cleaned up nice!!Looks alot better then mine. I have some dead coins that I am gonna give a soak.

Upvote 0
BuckleBoy said:
JasonL2972 said:

Sure thing, buddy. Out of curiosity, what was the date on yours?
Can't tell at all what the date is on mine,its so badly worn i couldn't even read any of the lettering,which is why i was going to post it.I'll have to get a pic of it on here and show you guys.

Upvote 0
might not be a necklace but rather a toy know as a whizzer -- loop a string then put it thru the holes ----put a finger thru the lop at each --- twist the coin round and round --- the line will tighten ---then release the coin pulling outwards the coin will spin rapidly -- they called em whizzers-- normally cheap coins were used for it --- a very old timey type kiddy toy --(a simple toy for simpler times) my grandpa made em long ago for us kids -- Ivan

Upvote 0
ivan salis said:
might not be a necklace but rather a toy know as a whizzer -- loop a string then put it thru the holes ----put a finger thru the lop at each --- twist the coin round and round --- the line will tighten ---then release the coin pulling outwards the coin will spin rapidly -- they called em whizzers-- normally cheap coins were used for it --- a very old timey type kiddy toy --(a simple toy for simpler times) my grandpa made em long ago for us kids -- Ivan

That's COOL!

Jason, I can't wait to see a pic of your coin.

Regards,

Buckleboy

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back