1860 Seated dime with inscription on back....

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok I'm looking for info on this 1860 Seated dime, but on the back it has what looks like a blacksmith anvil and hammer but the inscription is what I can't find anything on.. I was hoping some of you easterner's have seen these before, maybe even this particular inscription. Hope you all can help... Would really like to put a location to this coin....
I know guys this is a shot in the dark... but if anyone has seen a duplicate, be neat to get more info... Thanks for lOOking GH..

Attachments

• DSC00224.JPG
    DSC00224.JPG
    164.5 KB · Views: 354
  • DSC00223.JPG
    DSC00223.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 421
  • DSC00225.JPG
    DSC00225.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 427
I imagine it would be a fluke if you could actually ID that as being anything more than a "love token." It is unique to say the least, a real beauty for sure, but was probably made by one person for another person, and will be darn near impossible to track it down.

Beautiful piece, though!

Upvote 0
Thats a one of a kind very cool love token. (as stated) . He must have been a blacksmith or farrier. Very unique hand engraved piece. Looks like a horseshoe on the anvil horn.

anvil and hammer.jpg

Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
Is that a solder weld on the front side?
yes i assume it is.. Its got a brass color.. the opposite side looks like it melted the silver a little... probably had a charm around it.

Upvote 0
I am with Creskol and Big Cy,thats a one of a kind piece and the coolest "Love token",I have seen!!

Upvote 0
Translation of meaning of inscription on backside; someone was in love with the blacksmith's " Hammer?"........NGE

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back