Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130808_102133.png
    ForumRunner_20130808_102133.png
    150.8 KB · Views: 210
  • ForumRunner_20130808_102144.png
    ForumRunner_20130808_102144.png
    153.8 KB · Views: 191
Upvote 14
I think I will leave it the way I found it since its not perfect anyway. I have had a good year being new and all. I think I am hooked. My goal at the beginning of the year was to find a silver coin and I think this makes 38. I think I like the research and conversations with the older generation as much as the finding part.

If you decide to try and get the black stuff off, I have had great luck doing this with Oxyclean granulated cleaner. Boil about two/three ounces of water in a small container and put a few grains in it and it'll start fizzing. Drop the coin in it with the worst black side up. Sprinkle some more grains onto the black. The water should be fizzing a bunch! Leave it for an hour or three or ten. Then, place the coin on a papertowel on top of the counter and grab some cotton swabs. Swab at the black. It usually comes off real easy so spin the swab to use clean swab as you go. Rub in circular motion, not back and fourth. I'll bet the majority if not all of the black will come off that coin.

Nice one there! Would love to dig one myself someday.

Congrats !!!!!! I got my first one last year,1877 CC, but yours is in way better shape

Wow, couldn't imagine the feeling of one of these ladies staring back at me. Congrats!

Love it! I found an 1877 last summer and could not believe it. Beautiful coin!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back