Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130808_102133.png
    ForumRunner_20130808_102133.png
    150.8 KB · Views: 210
  • ForumRunner_20130808_102144.png
    ForumRunner_20130808_102144.png
    153.8 KB · Views: 191
Upvote 14
Wow! Awesome find. :thumbsup: I'm still looking for my first seated half.

WOW! SUPER FIND, CONGRATS!
Don't feel bad you other posters. I live in Denver and am still looking for my first seated anything! I don't even have a barber quarter...just dimes. Not complaning as I'm having a pretty good year and it's only going to get better!

Thanks never thought I would find one half let alone 2 and a seated to boot. I hunted that spot the night before and found nothing. Found out what I thought was the front was actually the back and they moved the driveway many years ago. The front yard is now a pasture with grass about waist high. The owner said we could mow it off if we wanted to look out there. I can't wait to see what else is out there.

Excellent Seated Half! I'd love to find one of those some day! :icon_thumleft:

That coin is awesome. Great job. Get back there and find another.

All I can say is WOW! What a thrill. If I found one of those I would compare it to shooting a buck of a lifetime.

Wonderful coin. I'm sure you'll always remember picking that out of the plug. Congrats!

That's a beauty! Hard to beat that! :thumbsup:

Yeah that's gonna be hard to top but I'll try.

Any idea what that stain is from and will it come off or do I leave it alone?

what a great feeling it is to have your plug plop in half to find a big silver coin!congrats.
sorry i'm new at this, i still have not figured out how to like someone i click on it and nothing happens

that stain is rust oxide,likely there was a piece of iron near it...a nail or such?I would leave it,but thats me...the coin is fairly worn though so the Value has been degraded,so......if you just have to clean the stain off...take a small amount of powdered Cream of Tar Tar Powder and slightly moisten it,then lightly rubbing the rust will take it off.Be careful as visible scratches can be left. Great find,I love seein big silver in the HOLE!!!!

Great seated half, its tough finding those "O" mint marks. I was lucky enough to find my first "O" this year. I'm sure someone will offer a favorite method for removing the black tarnish, something that is very common in silver coins which have been in the ground a long time. I have come to appreciate the black marks on silver coins, thinking they give the coins character, and I don't even attempt to clean them.

What a nice find , I still have yet to find a seated liberty coin of any denomination in nine years of detecting (I'm still a newbie , so no worries !)

I think I will leave it the way I found it since its not perfect anyway. I have had a good year being new and all. I think I am hooked. My goal at the beginning of the year was to find a silver coin and I think this makes 38. I think I like the research and conversations with the older generation as much as the finding part.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back