1842 Half Dime

Ace 350

Apr 8, 2013
Knoxville, TN
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 and XP ORX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve been thinking about giving this half dime to the property owner that I found this half dime on. They’ve allowed me to detect there property for years and I’ve found many items relating to The Civil War. I’ve made them a display with a few finds that I’ve found over the years but I recently found this and I’m wondering what’s the value of it to decide I guess. I’d like to keep it but I also know they’d enjoy having it in the display that I gave them. Also I’m just wondering how much it’s possibly worth. IMG_0040.jpegIMG_0039.jpeg

I’ve been thinking about giving this half dime to the property owner that I found this half dime on. They’ve allowed me to detect there property for years and I’ve found many items relating to The Civil War. I’ve made them a display with a few finds that I’ve found over the years but I recently found this and I’m wondering what’s the value of it to decide I guess. I’d like to keep it but I also know they’d enjoy having it in the display that I gave them. Also I’m just wondering how much it’s possibly worth.View attachment 2167229View attachment 2167230
I’m not a coin grader, but she’s in pretty nice shape to be 180 yrs old.

I'd say around $35.

I'd say at least $50 to $60 all day long.

Compare to the one for sale at the following link, your's is in better condition. than the first link and about the same as the second link.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back