Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1840's Farmhouse Gives Up New Silvers

Hi all. Hope everyone's Monday was good to them. I got in about a 2 hour hunt this afternoon after working 10 hours. I have had my eye on this house for a long time, but it has been frustrating trying to catch the owner at the house. Yesterday morning I saw his truck there on my way to work but he wasn't there after work. This morning, the truck was there again, but I wasn't about to tick him off at 6:30 am on either morning, lol. Tonight, luck! He was there after work, so I whipped in and knocked. A giant answered the door, lol. Huge man. As it turned out, he was super nice and told me to have at it, but there had been MANY people over the years trying their luck. None had really found too much, according to him. I didn't care. This was my chance to try it, lol. As you can see from the pic, I didn't get a lot either but did score 2 more silvers and 2 more wheats. At least I don't have to drool every time I pass this beautiful old house now, wondering what is hidden there.
ju3uze5u.jpg

Upvote 10
Awesome! Is that the old house we knocked at 2 separate times, the one u said u saw old people at?

No. Remember the old red brick one I pointed out last hunt we had. The day we went to my co-worker's house and on the way home, there was the vehicle there but I said I would wait because you needed to get home?

Ahh, that's the one, well good job securing it and nabbing some silver!

That key is cool too:thumbsup:

Thanks. I almost came home without getting either, lol. I had hunted most of the yard and thought about leaving because I was soaked from the humidity and the gf said she had steaks to grill, lol. I decided to give the last remaining little area a try and both silvers were there about 3 ft apart.

That's usually how it works, find the good stuff on the way out!

I almost had a heart attack when I got home and started cleaning the wheats. One is a 44 and the other is a 45, but I saw a copper 43 at first, lol!

Two silvers is always a worthwhile hunt, even if its not the old ones you were really wanting.

I almost had a heart attack when I got home and started cleaning the wheats. One is a 44 and the other is a 45, but I saw a copper 43 at first, lol!
thatd b a retirement coin right there!

Haaaaaa,I seen that 43 one morning last summer, I ran out of that yard jumped in my truck and went home to get my loop. 1944, I was crushed,I now have my loop at all times!
Good job in that heat and humidity! Nice saves.

Cool key congrats on the silver!

looks like a great door knock

Good job guys! I found an old brass key like that at a tear down,they sure ring up sweet don't they?

Cool, cool finds..silver is silver..and makes for a great ride home..knowing you have some dirty silver to clean when you get there! I have been on a key streak myself..car keys, house keys, little brass clock keys and THREE of the brass gas keys with the square hole through it..great stuff Old Dude..keep'em coming!..ddf

Good job OD! Always nice to nab a couple of keepers from a site that's been hammered . And now you don't have to wonder what you're missing any more

Well! I don't know how I missed this one! It's fun finally getting to try a place we have been wanting to hunt for a long time. It is PURE pleasure, to not only try it but to actually find such nice ones AFTER knowing it has been hit hard, by many, many people! ;) Just does the heart good! :thumbsup:

Well! I don't know how I missed this one! It's fun finally getting to try a place we have been wanting to hunt for a long time. It is PURE pleasure, to not only try it but to actually find such nice ones AFTER knowing it has been hit hard, by many, many people! ;) Just does the heart good! :thumbsup:

Yes Sir! When he said it had been hunted by many, many people over the years, I just decided to slow down even more. The odd thing about this place was that both those Wheats were over 8 inches deep! The last one must have been on edge too cause I could not really pinpoint it. You know how you only can get a few bars instead of the maximum when you pinpoint. I just had to keep swinging over it and guess where it might be by the faint tone. It wasn't a repeating one either. I compensated by digging a slightly larger hole and it paid off. The Washington was screaming dollar too. I thought maybe there was another coin after I found it, but it didn't happen, unfortunately.

The last one must have been on edge too cause I could not really pinpoint it. You know how you only can get a few bars instead of the maximum when you pinpoint.

Yep, I love a good challenge. ;)

When I have trouble pinpointing like that it usually turns out that either the minerals in the ground or some other metals are too close to the target to pinpoint well. I do the same, if I think it might be a good item, I'll make a little larger plug.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back