1806 Church Digs

twister

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2005
Springfield, MO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today went hunting at a old church that is since torn down but the church was built in 1806. Found some interesting finds there. The first is the biggest. Not sure what it is. Also found 7 bullets. 3 dimes (new), 7 pennies(none old) a 25cents 1994 El Salvador, a coin that is really corroded and i hope someone will help me how to clean it because i really want to know what it is. a old square nail, couple other goodies, a silver ring which i forgot to put in the pics, and a button that was seperated when i dug it up. i want to clean it too to tell what it is. The back of the button says extra quality so that might help. Well, i had a great fun day!!!

Attachments

• something.jpg
    something.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 475
  • bullets.jpg
    bullets.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 467
  • coin.jpg
    coin.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 465
Upvote 0
Way cool finds. How long were you out?

Yes ...........What Badger said........That guy really knows how to clean safely....and that my friend is an art........Nice Digs.......Hunt that site till the detector stops giving signals ! Just when you think you have hunted it out ,,Turn your Discrim. down to 10 % and dig...You can then get all it has to offer you ..........Least ways till technology takes another big leap.........That thingie on top has got me puzzled ? It's Neat and looks real old....Congrats.......H.H.

I just noticed you are from TN..................My dad lives in Knox Co. and I am going down to visit late this summer....Lots of nice old places between Knoxville (Where I was born) and Athens/Chattanoogga area...All of where my family's/roots are from......I will only get to hunt maybe one or two days when I'm there.......so I am going to break out some old family photos and do some research before I come......

Nice finds Twister,would love to see a repost of the relic in the first pic,what part of TN?

McNickle, I was born and lived in Knox,Co aswell went to MOUNT OLIVE and on to Doyle (1976) Now live in Maryville.Have been doing some research on Boyeds Creek and Gen,Wheelers March and attack on the back door of Knoxville off Maryville Pike. one days Battle,Art & Inf,about 2000.Troops.Wheeler had to rebuild the bridge under fire from a union hilltop. Hope to have all the site and facts and ok to hunt sometime this summer.Hope you have a nice trip in when you vist.Maybe we can hook up for a hunt sometime,If you like you can EM me.HH

JARMAN

Im from Columbia

I will work on getting better pics of the stuff today and repost them.

Twister

Just a guess, but maybe that first picture is the catch part of a latch and or top to a gate. Maybe once stood an old cemetery, if thats the case you can look for gold teeth. ;D Just kidding don't do that. HH!!

Attachments

• question.jpg
    question.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 340
  • question.jpg
    question.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 322
Mud is Close on object #1 I say its a hanger for a plant though.

Re: 1806 Church Digs Lets try the pics again, LOL

still working on getting pics right.

twister

Attachments

• 2005_0510churchgate0006.JPG
    2005_0510churchgate0006.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 247
Those are some really great finds Twister! ;)

Nana :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back