1787 Nova Caesera!!!

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come on now, do you actually think I am that lucky? April Fools.

I did however get out and do a pre-mega hunt warm-up that's coming up Saturday (house built in 1712, 50 acres never been hunted) Hit a local park I will refer to as "Emeline" In "Bricktown", while it wasn't overly spectacular, I did bag some pretty cool stuff....Including this sunrise..
"Sunrise on the Hudson"
morning.jpg

Found a few war nicks two 1943-P's and a 1944-P (...zapped! Electricity and water makes me happy!)
WarNick1.jpg
WarNicks2.jpg

A few wheaties..1909-P (non-VDB), 1917-P, 1919-P, 1920-P, 1925-P and a 1929-P (...zapped as well)
Wheaties.jpg

Really cool Aluminum token Called "Shell's Famous Facts and Faces" This one was John Paul Jones..
JPJ1.jpg
JPJ2.jpg

...Yes there was a few bottles as well...
A lil'Mini Bayer Asprin Bottle, Date unknown
Bayer1.jpg
Bayer2.jpg

Unmarked Amber Medicinal?
Unmarked1.jpg
Unmarked2.jpg

Lastly, a "Bear Mountain Spring-Palisades Park Commission Bottle" No info what-so-ever on this bottle..
Bear.jpg

Total haul -Bottles (Couldn't fit)
Haul.jpg

Bring on the rain!

Upvote 11
That Palisades Park bottle is awesome, great piece of Hudson valley history! :thumbsup:

Very nice finds, love the 'Bear Mountain Spring' Bottle! :occasion14:

I found some info about it and this pic of a 'clear' bottle.

It's spring water from the Bear Mountain Spring, bottled at The Bear Mountain Inn. If you're from the NYC suburbs, you've probably been to (or heard of) this area. Its bottled by the Palisades Park Commission, the agency which manages the majority of the parks in this area.

Dave

Attachments

• BMS.jpg
    BMS.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 87
Very nice finds, love the 'Bear Mountain Spring' Bottle! :occasion14:

I found some info about it and this pic of a 'clear' bottle.

It's spring water from the Bear Mountain Spring, bottled at The Bear Mountain Inn. If you're from the NYC suburbs, you've probably been to (or heard of) this area. Its bottled by the Palisades Park Commission, the agency which manages the majority of the parks in this area.

Dave

A big thanks for that, I do live in the area, just couldn't find any info on it. Clear, interesting. Mine has some sort of aqua/green color to it (pre-clean)

Here's the true facts I found NJ copper today !!!! I'll post the pics tomorrow !!

After my third glass of wine I was gullible enough to fall for your April Fools prank Mucky ! MaineRelic

BTW, being in the Hudson Valley, have you ever found a bottle from a pharmaceutical company called Bell-Ans? They were based in Orangeburg.

I'm really starting to get into old bottles. dang it! another hobby for me. I guess it goes with metal detecting and yard sales. :)

I'm really starting to get into old bottles. dang it! another hobby for me. I guess it goes with metal detecting and yard sales. :)

Its a wonderful but filthy hobby, especially slopping in the muck and mess that is the Hudson River, the dirt and smell never leave your clothing. I have a set of of clothing just for digging bottles.

I sure You know I was Joking back about $650 bottle... I love digging them also. when I was young I had dug hundreds but I was Young and sold them for cheep to local dealers for Cig. money... Even the Reproductions are worth money now days as they havent been reproduced in years.

I sure You know I was Joking back about $650 bottle... I love digging them also. when I was young I had dug hundreds but I was Young and sold them for cheep to local dealers for Cig. money... Even the Reproductions are worth money now days as they havent been reproduced in years.
Absolutely

Great finds, bottles are so cool. War nickels are so cool too. Hey, could you PM me your electrolysis set up, your wheaties look great (war nics too)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back