austin2012

Oct 19, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
image-642137556.jpg

image-1593527998.jpg

It's a reproduction made sometime in the 19th century, but I still think its pretty cool.

Upvote 0
One good thing about reproductions is, you can collect coins that otherwise would be to expensive for the average collector.
Nice reproduction you have there.

Keep @ it and HH !!

It might be worth something one day! :hello2:

Pretty cool. I remember having that same replica coin in the mid eighties when I was a teenager. I had a metal detector (Whites 6000 di) and made a few average finds around my folks house (built in 1940)... I remember burying it in the yard by the sidewalk to see how it would register on my detector. Afterward, knowing the coin had no value to speak of, being a replica, I left it buried there.... wonder if anyone's found it by now? My parents sold that home and moved in 1995.

Thats sweet! Do you know its value? I know it cant be too much. :thumbsup:

I had a replica that I think came in junk mail from an insurance company back during the bicentennial in '76

A LOT OF PEOPLE DONT KNOW IT - BUT SUPPOSEDLY THERE IS A SHIP SUNK OFF CT. COAST IN SHARK INFESTED WATERS AND DEEP - THAT HAD KEGS OF THE REAL THING IN THEM - SUPPOSEDLY A FEW DIVERS HAVE DIED TRYING TO RECOVER THEM
THATS ONE TREASURE I WOULD NOT MIND FINDING

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back