1755 hand etched Black glass bottle with a boat...

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am very fired up about this bottle. This is the second hand etched black glass bottle I have found in my life. This one is very special as it has the date , initials, and a boat etched into it. This bottle will never leave my collection. Very crude looking bottle with air bubbles and a great color. IMG_4926.JPG
BOTTLE 1.jpeg
BOTTLE 2.jpeg

Upvote 37
Calabash that is a true treasure....something like that is so rare that museums would scramble to aquire it!! Perhaps not many here consider that treasure, but I certainly do !! Congrats on a beautiful and delicate piece of history....it is banner worthy for sure....your on a roll that's for certain....keep diving the freshwater...who knew it could be so productive!!

Now that is a real beauty Calabash!
Who wouldn't want that in their personal collection of glass.
It certainly checks alot of boxes.
But to have it etched with initials, date, and the boat.
Home run?
No man you hit that right out into the frigging parking lot.
Congratulations on the recovery.

Awesome bottle Calabash. You definitely should be stoked and deserve a Banner for that find 👍

Man o man CD..... I have to hand it to you.... i have seen a lot of really really great stuff on T Net in my now drawing in on 10 years here...
And you are definitely one of those who keep adding to this pile of greatness piece by piece.
and continues to surprise me with "what and where".
I am a fan for sure ,,, heh

Does this site still do Banner finds?

Has something changed on this site?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back