14k jeweled elephant pendant

darrenlueptow

Greenie
Aug 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1.jpg

I bought this on eBay and was pleasantly surprised.

It tested as 14k and the jewels are amazing. There is no hallmark or maker's mark so I'm guessing it is a custom piece.

I tested the stones with a diamond tester and the clear stone at the bail tested positive. Also, one of the blue stones, two violet colored stones, and yellow colored stone tested as diamonds. The other stones did not test as diamonds but appear to be (2) emeralds, (2) tanzanites, and a beautiful sapphire.

My questions:

What are the odds that these colored stones are diamonds?

Where do you think this pendant came from?

Thanks for any help. :)

P.S. I paid $20 total and it was on a beaded sterling silver necklace. I thought the pendant looked out of place because it was jeweled gold.

Upvote 0
The stones look like emeralds and maybe amathist or ruby I could be wrong.. But for 20 bucks it's still a great deal..

Upvote 0
the stones are not diamonds...there is no way.

Upvote 0
I'm thinking the clear and yellow diamond is real because I get a very strong reading from them. The blue and violet stones are not as strong of a reading...

Upvote 0
They're not diamonds. You could have citrine (yellow), amethyst (purple), topaz (lt blue top), sapphire (dark blue). I'm unclear as to the green, could be green tourmaline.
But, without seeing them in hand, I could be off. Some could be nice old cut glass.
Your yellow is too yellow, that why I say citrine. Yellow diamonds (canary and cognac yellow diamonds) used to be considered inferior.
If you had a yellow diamond that was that yellow and that large, it would be an extremely rare find....to the point of 1 in a few million.
Still, an interesting piece and if it is 14k, a good buy!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Don't rely on on any assessment of the piece and the stones that you get here as they are based on analyzing them from a picture! Take the piece to a reputable Jeweler and get a professional opinion and assessment. I believe that all of the stones are real as it appears to me that all but the clear and yelow stones have naturl inclusions and/or carbon in them. I really can't tell much about the clear and yellow stones but it appears that the piece also has two Emeralds, two Tanzanites, two Amethysts (or Alexandrites) and two Blue Sapphires.

Frank

Upvote 0
Cool pendant and great score! Depending on your diamond tester, the way you say it doesn't "register" the other stones as "strongly" (sorry butchered and paraphrased your words).
Corundum (sapphire and ruby) will register on "some" diamond testers. it just doesn't (like you say) register it as strongly.
The ones you are saying diamonds, but not as strong, may be colored sapphires.

Possibly India, Thailand?

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back