14k Italy stamped triple chain link braclet

Brianbarr88

Jun 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this real.? Anybody know any background on this. I got it from somebody in a trade. It looks legit, I can't find anything like it online tho.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

okay thank u cudamark ill try that, is there any recommended brand of cleaner I should get for the braclett that's safe and effective?
nd thanks again for all of your help and input ANT.
also thank u everyone else who had something.anything to say abuout my braclet here (:

Upvote 0
When I see a 14K mark that is stamped differently that the Italy or other marks I suspect something. I even suspect something on marks that are not cast into any jewelry’ jeweler is a trade that is thought in some prisons, when they get out guess what. I’ve been burned more that once with counterfeit jewelry.

Look at the captions that I've put on these photos:

Attachments

• Gold Solder Mark.jpg
    Gold Solder Mark.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 114
  • Gold Solder 3.jpg
    Gold Solder 3.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 87
  • Gold Solder 2.jpg
    Gold Solder 2.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 91
  • Gold Solder.jpg
    Gold Solder.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 137
Upvote 0
so ant, first of all, thank you or your help.
second of all, why does the 14k part make u think twice?? is it beause of your exp with 14k gold? or is it just the way its stamed and placement?
ant, in your opinion, givin the facts that its real, and all counter parts are legit, whats it worth?
I want to sell it to someone, and they are interested, but I am unsure what to ask in return.. I was offered $650 the other day for it, but im cautious because im under the impression that its value when it was purchased retail is much higher and I don't know that number.if I had an idea atleast of the retail value of the braclett then I can negotiate with people.im trying to get my daughter back into my home, but I need to come up with atleast $1,500-$2,000 so I can get into a newplace
you t think I could pull a grand for it?
I don't know how o research this baclet online because I cant find any like it, and I dunno how to describe it when searching with google.com
thanks!!

Upvote 0
I sold an 18k bracelet tha I found, not a speck of tarnish on it, and gold was at its highest. You need to know the weight and karat, then use a cold calculator like the one at this link. It will only be an estimate because the weight and karat will change (will be less) after smelting. That's why it is important to use a trustworthy Refinery.
http://www.goldcalc.com/
My advise is to take it to a pawn shop and have it tested and scaled, then sell it for $650.00 if everything is right.

Upvote 0
This is a ring that I got got with, it is marked 18k and Zales. It is fake as a three dollar bill. I put it in with some of the junk rings that I've kept over the years. I have dig rings that are counterfeited too. A mark that is cast into the ring was imprinted during the pour, the stamp is imprinted after the ring is made. You can buy some stamps and then buy junk rings/bracelets in bulk and then get ta stamping.

Attachments

• CAM01087.jpg
    CAM01087.jpg
    596.8 KB · Views: 67
  • CAM01088.jpg
    CAM01088.jpg
    655.7 KB · Views: 82
  • CAM01089.jpg
    CAM01089.jpg
    836.5 KB · Views: 74
Upvote 0
I just saw this thread...
Did not really read above posts yet...
But just from pics... This is a suspect piece...

I have seen these before...
They were used in the "new pawn shop" scam years and years ago.

They are brass with content.
High polish will make it look like gold.

This is my OPINION.

They made chains and bracelets out the wazoo with this chain link that are/were nothing more than high polished brass.
All marked.
Identical to this.
And I mean identical.

Please don't take wrong... and I do not want to shoot this down... but in my opinion...
This is brass.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
as I said...acid test...accept no substitute.its not real because you decided it is,its real if it tests real.and no value can be assesed without knowing karat and weight.none

Upvote 0
Really? Brass can polish up like that? I've shown it to several people and all agree it's authentic with soldered gold and that's why it was brushing off on my arm as it was. I just took some baking soda and a tooth brush to it and it cleaned up even more than the second time, this thing was worn and worn and worn and was filthy, now it's finally all cleaned and not having that problem anymore. It looks like gold to me, and it's been scratched and tested already by the previous owner, and I was told it was 14k real gold.
Idk I'm definitely open to the idea it could be polished brass but I'm not dismissing it at that.
Appreciate the input though.
Can u pull up an image that resembles this?
Or know where I can find further information regarding that?
Thanks.

Upvote 0
jhdfd.png

Definite test is required... to rule my theory/opinion on this out.

Believe me... I have seen and handled enough gold in my life... and I also have handled a lot of copper, bronze and brass as well...
I am usually pretty keen on metals when I see em...
BUT...
With this said...
I am by no means always correct on this.

Wish I could say that I am positive on this... but without testing this you/we will not know for sure.

Pictures are just pictures... acid test wont lie.

Upvote 0
PS.. go to your nearest pawn shop and ask them simply...

"how much would you pay on this"

They will immediately test ...
If real you do not have to sell for their offer and should leave and shop around if it turns out to be gold.

Upvote 0
okay thank u cudamark ill try that, is there any recommended brand of cleaner I should get for the braclett that's safe and effective?
nd thanks again for all of your help and input ANT.
also thank u everyone else who had something.anything to say abuout my braclet here (:
I use Jeweluster, but, I'm sure there are a bunch of different names for the same stuff. You might also try a local jewelry store. Many will clean your jewelry for free.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back