13 stars, 13 stripes medallion. Need Help Please.

AC500

Apr 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Need help identifying this find, it was found by a fellow detecting enthusiast on the border of Mass & RI. There are 13 stars, 13 stripes and leaf style border on the bottom, the item is very very thin and the embossed stars and stripes also appear on the back as though the badge/medal/pendant/ whatever it may be was struck in some sort of press. Please Help.

IMG_0586.JPG
IMG_0593.JPG

Might be a 19th century Independence Day souvenir pendant shield .. I assume you know about the 13 stars and 13 stripes. Neat save !!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It appears to have originally had an additional emblem soldered onto the circle on the shield. Its absence makes giving you a specific ID for the object much more difficult. Perhaps somebody here will be able to recognize it even without the missing emblem.

Upvote 0
These are not the same as yours.. But they are American Patriotic Shields, 19th c.

Attachments

• shield.jpg
    shield.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 99
  • shield.jpg
    shield.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks guys...this thing is super thin, it may even be a kids toy.

Upvote 0
Most patriotic shields are very thin.. like the 19th c. shields I posted in the 2nd photo which are all thin metal. Very thin. I don't think it is a kids toy but something to do with patriotic.. 4th of july, president, celebration of some sort.... something in that nature.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Most patriotic shields are very thin.. like the 19th c. shields I posted in the 2nd photo which are all thin metal. Very thin. I don't think it is a kids toy but something to do with patriotic.. 4th of july, president, celebration of some sort.... something in that nature.

Thanks Hut.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back