$100 Dollars in Halves, $115 in Dimes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeh!!

engine 823

Dec 27, 2007
Waynesburg, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, ACE 150
;D ;D ;D
Well Today was the day. I've only had one other day like this coin roll hunting. I was at work and decided to swing by a bank and dump $86.00 in Pennies and Nickels. I then drove up the street to another bank that I had called earlier in the morning to pick up $100 in Halves. I picked up the halves and bought $115.00 in dimes to finish up what money I had on me. Nothing found in the dimes. They were plastic wrapped and I just did a fast edge search of them. :'(
The halves were a little better. 30 Silver halves in $100 dollars worth!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D :o

1964 x 2
1968 D x 8
1967 x 9
1969 D x 8
1966 x 2

To add to that They were hand rolled and who ever rolled them miscounted and gave me 4 extra halves. $2.00 free dollars!!!!!! :D
OH, I was at work getting paid too!!!!!!!!! Doesn't get better than that!!!!!!!!!! :D ;D

Good Luck And Good Hunting!!!!!!!!!
Got $1500 in halves ordered should be in tomorrow!

Upvote 0
Nicely done.

It's always nice when you get "paid" to CRH. 8)

Kudos on your finds.

Nice find congrats

Someone is getting all the half dollars around here. Now when I go in to the bank they say ... what is with the half dollars now a days seems everyone who walks in here asks if we have any.

Area must be flooded.

Cat

Well went to 2 banks today to pick up halves. First bank picked up $310.00 worth. They had ordered a box for me. Well >:( they bring out this box that has been opened before. The tape had been cut and then retaped. When the box was opened they had the pink and white brinks rolls in them. You could tell one end of the roll had been tappered with. I went through all these rolls. SKUNK!!!!!!!!! They must have ordered these from some junk coin warehouse or something.
I went to my normal bank that I order from. They had $1000.00 worth waiting for me. I just ran in to see if they were for sure there. They were. Here is the weird part. I said I had some other coin to go through and dump but that I would be back to get the other today. The head teller told me to just use their coin machine??? I explained to her that I hated to dump and pick up at the same bank because I knew it cost them. She sat down and explained this process to me. She said their bank had a contract with the armor car company to both recieve and send money. That contract cost "x" amount of money per month no more no less no matter how much or little they ship or recieve. She said they send and recieve money every month no matter what. It didn't matter to her if I dumped loose halves and ordered new boxes there???? What do you all think about this???? I don't want to ruin a good thing. Went ahead and dumped there today and picked up $380.00 in halves. Found 6 40% kennedys in those.
1968 D x 3
1969 D
1966 x 2

engine 823 said:
Well went to 2 banks today to pick up halves. First bank picked up $310.00 worth. They had ordered a box for me. Well >:( they bring out this box that has been opened before. The tape had been cut and then retaped. When the box was opened they had the pink and white brinks rolls in them. You could tell one end of the roll had been tappered with. I went through all these rolls. SKUNK!!!!!!!!! They must have ordered these from some junk coin warehouse or something.
I went to my normal bank that I order from. They had $1000.00 worth waiting for me. I just ran in to see if they were for sure there. They were. Here is the weird part. I said I had some other coin to go through and dump but that I would be back to get the other today. The head teller told me to just use their coin machine??? I explained to her that I hated to dump and pick up at the same bank because I knew it cost them. She sat down and explained this process to me. She said their bank had a contract with the armor car company to both recieve and send money. That contract cost "x" amount of money per month no more no less no matter how much or little they ship or recieve. She said they send and recieve money every month no matter what. It didn't matter to her if I dumped loose halves and ordered new boxes there???? What do you all think about this???? I don't want to ruin a good thing. Went ahead and dumped there today and picked up $380.00 in halves. Found 6 40% kennedys in those.
1968 D x 3
1969 D
1966 x 2

She basically gave you the green light....just don't abuse it...too much. :)

GMan is right. I would only do it once every week or two. It may be alright to her, yet it would only take one other lazy teller to ruin it for you. (and for any other crh's that use that bank) Play it smart. Good luck.

HH
Hoose

You know, this is great info when banks start giving us flack about ordering. I assume most banks have contracts like this, so their spiel about it costing them more seems more and more like a bluff to get extra cash by way of fees. Some may not have contracts, so part of the time they're probably telling the truth.

I say bluff 'em back! Say something like "Why don't you have a fixed contract with your armored service? That's what my brother/sister/uncle does at his/her bank in (whatever city)?"

;D
Took them chocolate covered cherries! They loved them! Couldn't find the chocolate coins? Told them to share them with all the tellers!
Went through $350 in halves yesterday. Found multiple rolls of BU 1994 P Kennedys. :'(
Found one "1969 D 40%" out of all that. At least it wasn't a skunk. Also went through a box of dimes. Found one very worn "1946 Roosevelt" I've went through three boxs and a half of dimes and found three silver dimes. Is that about what every one else is getting??
Good Hunting All!!!!!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back