$100,000. Find

Wow, 100,000 bucks, that's sweet! I wish I could Find a cache like that, I can think of a lot of great things to do with that money. Those people are lucky God Bless them. Maybe one of us will find a cache that good someday. As for money and cans falling apart. Paper Only Takes 2-5 months, However, paper is usually not biodegradable according to the principal world standards because paper generally contains too much heavy metals to comply. (Also true with money) Tin cans take 50-100 years, aluminum cans take 80-100. Just for fun it takes one million years for a glass bottle. Some plastic bottles never decompose. GL HH!!

Attachments

• shocked2.jpg
    shocked2.jpg
    1 KB · Views: 342
  • shocked2.jpg
    shocked2.jpg
    1 KB · Views: 292
Vrent said:
I believe they found the $$$ but I seriously doubt they were in a wooden box in tin cans. I found a locket with 3 dollars in a few years ago in Mass and the bills were mush. After 50 or s0 years in the ground in Mass the box would have rotted away as would have most of the cans. They get plenty of rain up there, plus the frost line is about 36" in a bad winter, so add freezing and thawing into the equation and you would not have pristine bills. And they have pristine bills. The bills appear to have been folded into small squares from what I can see in the picks. My vote would be for peeking into attic corners ina roofing job. I worked for an auction house quite a few years ago and we found a tiffany lamp that had sunk into the insulation, we found the base 1st and then had a mad treasure hunt looking for the shade, which we found. It brought the owner 15 thosand dollars in auction. Those bills were not buried in the ground at least not for more than an hour or so. IMHO

I agree with Vrent's post above,

I believe they? ? "found"? ? the bills? ? "somewhere"? ? but,

I'm an avid coin collector/paper bill collector, as well as a 20+ yr dealer in both, and being that the soil/conditions and climate in Mass. are almost identical to here in MI, there's NO WAY those bills were in a wooden box inside tin cans buried for 100 yrs. in that type of environment.

The rain/snow/frost would have eaten that box alive in a decade and the tin cans would have rusted to dust (along with the bills). Moister in the ground after decades upon decades of rain/snow/frost along with the chemicals/minerals present within causes wood to rot in no time at all, and tin rots to dust.

I've also detected for 20+ yrs, and can absolutely attest to what wood & tin look like in just 10 or 20 yrs of being in the moist ground here in MI, and at the very least, that paper money would have been complete mush at best with the box and cans falling apart rotted to the point of almost "nothing" - if that.

I also blew up the pic, and focused it better, and I can clearly see that some of those bills are in uncirculated condition or there-abouts.

I can also see that they look to have been "purposely" crumpled/folded to make it look like they were stashed in what they claim.

These guys may have found these bills alright (but IMHO - not where and in what they claim).

My guess is in some home they did a roof job on, and after tearing off the old roof, found them while searching the home owners attic.

Maybe this person died recently, and there's no way for anyone to come forth and claim them as theirs or something but, I am 99.9% sure they didn't find them where they say they did, and how they did.

"Just my opinion"

HH

Lonewolfe

northeast hunter said:
the police are now investigating these guys i live less than 40 miles from where they say it was found

? of course they are. I'm shure they want their cut too.

? ?jealousy and power don't mix? ;)

I would have kept my mouth shut and sold it 1 by one, on Ebay as Yard Sale Finds? 8)

same same jeff, keep your yapper shut no harm no fool!never tell antone youve hit the big one for crying out load ,these guys need to lay off the weed,or were they hoping to get some female action now they are "famous",stupids!!!!! >:(

The last two post above say's it all no matter how it was found.I aswell think it came from an atic when they removed some roof decking for repair,only reason to be in the attic.If it was in the ground they should have no problem proving it,the soil around the box would tell the truth.If they had worked on my old roof in the last year I think I would be checking into it.

I was going to say, If they found it while doing a roofing job,

they would have been smart enough to wait a few years, before unloading it.

however, They wern't smart enough to keep their mouths shut, so, who knows.

jeff of pa said:
I was going to say, If they found it while doing a roofing job,

they would have been smart enough to wait a few years, before unloading it.

however, They wern't smart enough to keep their mouths shut, so, who knows.

And the key word here is they were not smart enough. I dont think they were smart enough to concoct the whole story either. tough call but It makes ya think hard.

Latest Post says it was Reported on news they have been Arrested

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back