$100,000. Find

Does anyone have a link to the story? I watched the news after my Dad called me and said that he had heard the story on the radio. I did not get to see/hear the whole story. Sounds like a cover story for next month.

Altiman.

Thanks JerDfx,

That's amazing. I wonder who burried the money there and the rest of the story. Never found buried bills before.

Is it me, or does something smell fishy here?
Do those guys look suspicious? Never mind that the last guy looks like me.
Jerdfx; Thanks for the link.
HH

I think they found it somewhere else. Then put in there back yard and said they dug it up there. That small tree is only a year or 2 old. Don't you think the guy who planted it would have found it. Unless it just happened to grow naturally. It looked funny. Bills were crisp. Don't you think moisture over 100 yeasr would have done something to them. They were only in tin cans. Looks weird but it's a find.

No problem on the link guys. HH Jer

Thanks for the site Jer,I only cought the tail end of the story last night.

No problem, that's what I'm here for.

HH Jer

If they did find it someplace else, and said they found it in the back yard, good idea. No chance of having to be forced by the courts to share with or give back to the property owner.

Have to say it is in very good condition to have been in the ground,But I don't know how long it would take,with all of the given conditions to deterioate box,cans and money.Wonder if any questions will come of it ??? I would hate to think they removed it from someones property and give the story as found.

Yea- I agree with a lot of you.
75 years in the ground and not one of those bills in those rusty tin cans got a blemish. They don't seem to have been rolled up either.
I agree that they found them but not in his backyard- probably inside a house.? On another thread someone menitioned one was a roofer?-Hmm....I believe this is a cover story.? I think we will heard more about this when someone else puts two and two together.

George

i was wondering how long before someone put this under todays finds, i don't think they should have gone public with that kind of find though, now everybody from the tax-man, lost relatives, con-men, charities, etc. are going to be tracking them down trying to get a piece of it.

i wouldn't be a bit supprised if "the rest of the story" will reveal that they regret ever telling anybody about it.

Saw the story on the local news station and thought to myself, wait a minute too new for a 100 year old find. Have to agree with some of you on this one. Looks like we been set up or as BT Barnum once said "There's a sucker born every minute".

putting new roofs on old houses is a great way to see unused corners of old attics.

I see that the cans where in a wood box. I would like to see the box. If it was built right would it keep the bills safe? If the cans where rusty I would discount that. But if I were to bery bills I would make sure they were safe & in a good sealed container. That brings up the question ??? that the person could have used something better that was common at that time like a mason jar instead of cans. But maybe it was done in a hurry & that is all they had. I ???wounder if they have checked the bank notes to see if that bank was robbed during that time. What was that last date 1929? I think. But there was older one,s. Did the banks keep older bills that long back then? I might put my money in tho's containers if I was to hide it in the attic tho. Just thinking. SASQUTCH <>< It is nice to have me around it gives me someone to talk to.HA HA :D

I think I'd keep the Box Secret.

Especially if there were Identifying Marks still on it.

You gotta have a reason to say,

"OK, If your right about this, I.D. the Box it was in"

I beleive they found the $$$ but I seriuously doubt they were in a wooden box in tin cans. I found a locket with 3 dollars in a few years ago in Mass and the bills were mush. After 50 or s0 years in the ground in Mass the box would have rotted away as would have most of the cans. They get plenty of rain up there, plus the frost line is about 36" in a bad winter, so add freezing and thawing into the equation and you would not have pristene bills. And they have pristene bills. The bills appear to have been folded into small squares from what I can see in the picks. My vote would be for peeking into attic corners ina roofing job. I worked for an auction house quite a few years ago and we found a tiffany lamp that had sunk into the insulation, we found the base 1st and then had a mad treasure hunt looking for the shade, which we found. It brought the owner 15 thosand dollars in auction. Those bills were not buried in the ground at least not for more than an hour or so. IMHO

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back