10 More Silver!! 33 Wheaties ~ Its Been A Great January ~ Video Compilation!!

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
10 More Silver!! 33 Wheaties ~ It's Been A Great January ~ Video Compilation!!

Hello My Friends!

Before I start my post, I want to share a post I just made in the Video section of our forum. It's for my friends who can't hunt due to the weather right now. I've compiled a bunch of videos that captured some of my hunts last year, and in '07. Enjoy whenever you want that "deep silver" fix!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Just click the link below. ** UPDATE **: I added 6 more Videos to the link below. More to Enjoy!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,214216.msg1544486.html#msg1544486

I'm really sorry to hear that the weather in some States has been so miserable. :'( I know many of you aren't even thinking about taking your machines out of the closet until warmer conditions are approaching. Here in S. Cal, I don't think we'll get any Winter this year. The Santa Ana winds, which are making my allergies terrible, are kicking up again today, and it should be 80 degrees by Friday.

Along with the great S. CA weather, my detecting month of January was very respectable, even though the parks I detected at this month have been heavily pillaged Explorer'd parks. I never expected to do so well, and am very content to find what I did. Last Sunday, I met a hunting buddy at the same park we hunted the day before, and I ended up with 4 silver, which included a Rosie, a chopped gopher mound Merc, a chopped '40 Washington, and a small sterling ring. This park must not have been detected for a while. I can tell based on the amount of clad quarters I found there, which was around 75 (I never pass up quarter signals), in addition to 2 tarnished Sacajawea dollars laying on top of each other a couple of inches under the surface. This park, however, contains the most lawnmower chopped coins than any park I've detected. :o >:( Sometimes I challenge myself to try and find the other piece of chopped silver or wheatie, but I usually come up empty. This week, I've only been able to get out for a couple short hunts, and did better than I expected.

For all my Tnet Friends who are not able to get out detecting, I'll try to keep the silver flowing for you in Feb. I'm probably going to be trying some parks I never detected before, so we'll see what happens. But you can be sure I'll be going back to the pillaged parks also...there's always something good left to be found no matter how hard they've been worked over.

Thanks for looking.
Keep The Passion High!! :thumbsup:

CAPTN SE
Dan

Attachments

• IMG_3338_sm.jpg
    IMG_3338_sm.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 1,005
  • IMG_3340_sm.jpg
    IMG_3340_sm.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 1,004
  • IMG_3337_sm.jpg
    IMG_3337_sm.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 997
Upvote 0
Re: 10 More Silver!! 33 Wheaties ~ It's Been A Great January!!

Congratulations on the silver, it amazes me how many cut coins you find out there!

Chris

I'm sitting under 10" of snow right now ???
I'm glad you are keeping the silver flow going my friend. At least I can spend some time cleaning off my coils and machines. :icon_sunny:
Congrats on all the shiny stuff :thumbsup:

Wow! Getting me all fired up here Capt.! Great going!

CATFISHJK1 said:
Congratulations. I've been hunting avidly since 1994 and I've never found a clipped coin. Wonder what made people clip them.

I've never found a clipped coin either. I believe the culprits are lawnmowers.

NICE silver! Still dreaming of getting out this year...

dango good finds :thumbsup:

ya waiting to get out too. nice 36 quarter! willy.

Killing it, :D ;D :thumbsup: Keep Thinking of us cause this Snow is driving me up the wall...!! ??? :-\ :-[

Keep @ it and HH!!

Re: 10 More Silver!! 33 Wheaties ~ It's Been A Great January ~ Video Compilation!!

Great finds once again, Dan! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Thanks for the videos! :wink:

No beginning in sight here for hunting weather, so reliving the dream through vids will have to do... :(
Neil

UPDATE:
I couldn't wait - I've already watched half the vids. Wow! Thanks for taking me along. Nice Walker! ;D

UPDATE:
Watched them all. Excellent videos! Thanks for including the target sounds!

Re: 10 More Silver!! 33 Wheaties ~ It's Been A Great January ~ Video Compilation!!

Yet again Dan seems to amaze me! Another great day of getting silver and wheats!!!! :)

Yeah well our clipped coins are all from SNOWBLOWERS!

Dan,
Congrats on another successful outing. Nice ring Dude. :thumbsup:
Thanks for the great videos. I have some popcorn popping right now so I can take them all in. :wink:
-Doug-

congrats on the great finds. best of luck. :thumbsup:

Re: 10 More Silver!! 33 Wheaties ~ It's Been A Great January ~ Video Compilatio

Congrats on the silver, Dan we just got hit with 11" of snow and ice !!! Thanks for posting the videos now I have something to watch this weekend.Have a Good one and Good luck on your next hunt !!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Super finds. I hope I can get out next week when the weather warms up.
Dman

Congrats on the silver. Looks like Edward Scissorhands was counting his change at your site. :D

Thats IT I am moving back to SOCal Just Kidding nice finds I like the marbles also great silver Congrats :thumbsup:

Congratulations on yet another great batch of silver and wheats Dan!! :thumbsup:
Glad your weather has been warm but sad your alergies are acting up. :'(
Keep the coil swinging and look forward to your next post. Gold Nuggets :icon_jokercolor:

Here's my title: 10 more inches!! 33 degrees ~ January stinks ~ Nothing to see! At least we can enjoy, vicariously, what you're doing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back