10 little Indians in two days...

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Hey all,
I found a 1906 IH yesterday along with the fishing rod. My cousin and I hit the same spot today. I found 4 more IH's, 1878, 1892, 1903,1905. My cousin found 5 of them, I think the oldest was an 188?'s. I also found another no date Buffalo nickle...
Up until yesterday I hadn't found but one IH with the CZ-3D in about 6 months time...
This will be a spot we will definitely be going back to...

Upvote 0
WOW! That many IH in one day, WOO HOO! Hit that site hard and cover every inch. Theres more IH, as well as old silver calling you Leon! Great finds! HH!

Congrats on the finds man. Hit that spot hard and dig all garbage. Dig the nails and bottle caps because indians tend to read funny when deep.

Good Luck keep us posted

Thank all,
Thanks for the info Clump, Not sure if the 1878 I found would grade as good, it's the worst shape Indian head I ever saw. The rim is pretty worn and thin... Now most of my others are in great shape which brings me to mvSwat's comment. The IH's to me are as much fun as finding silver. They ususally always come out of the ground with a real nice green patina on them... I will definitely be going back to this spot and I think I'll take your advice Jer, and dig it all... ;D
Good luck & Happy hunting~

P.S.> Almost forgot, All the IH's I dug yesterday sounded like a deep piece of iron, only hit high a few times, but you could tell it was a coin instead of junk,, they are some tricky little dudes ;D

That's great Leon! Congrats! I'm still looking for my first Indian, but I have a feeling it's coming to me real soon!

Way to go!

Thanks again guys,,,
I figure I need about 20 of them to fit into a frame, like the one for my 2004 silver coins...
The four yesterday, the one the day before, and the ones I already had, has got me up to a total of seven of them for the year.
Still got a ways to go... Hope we can all go at it together...
Good Luck & Happy hunting~

WOW Leon thats great work.Sounds like you need to take the stem shovel and siftter.Look forward to the silver and relics thats got to be hidden,Good luck.

I got another Indian tip for you. Since your turning them up at this site look for pulltab hits. The fatty Indians read in the pulltab range. So do flying eagle cents. Dig every thing even if it says only 1 inch deep. I Don't know the aspect of your machine or what you use but hope this helps. Would hate for you to miss it out in the Field and think it was 100% garbage when really it's a shallow fatty Indian or flying eagle cent. I would know I have found enough of them. For anyone using white's dfx, xlt, or mxt fatty Indians will read high 20's low 30's. Same with flying eagle cents. And I'm sure that on most machine's that's were they will come in also. Hope this helps because if you never found one before how are you going to know how they read. I still get surprised while I'm out digging trash and dig a pulltab signal to find a fatty Indian down there. They almost never get those at a site that has gone over before. Lack of experience keeps them in the ground.

Good luck hope this helps. Indians always have friends. So look around good get the ground cleared of any beep you can lock onto. Hope you surprise your self out in the Field.

HH Jeremy

I saw your post, Poolboy. Three in the same hole is amazing. I only found four in one day, the other one I found the day before.
Now, my cousin put some hurt on us with his five in the same day... ;D Don't tell anyone, but I went back today and found another one ( 1906 ), a " V " nickle in pretty good shape (1903), and a 1919s wheatie. I'll post some pics later this evening...

Good tip,Jer Thanks!
I'm sure that will help a lot of others as well...
This is a spot where it would probably be a good idea to dig everything...
I already dig quite a few different types of signals. I usually dig the deep foil, or pull tabs, but there are so-many on the surface around here, I seldom dig them all...

I agree with JerDfx IH's do seem to read funny when deeper, and that 5 IH's a day! nice one! there definatly silver waiting for u there man! go for it! HH CS

WAT TO GO!!!! SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT SPOT. I'VE ONLY FOUND 3 IH'S, ONE OUT EAST ON THE ISLAND AND 2 RIGHT DOWN THE BLOCK FROM ME. I WAS FOLLOWING A BULLDOZER AS HE WAS GRADING THE PROPERTY AFTER THEY TORE DOWN AN OLD HOUSE FROM THE EARLY 1900'S. I STARTED TALKING TO THE EXCAVATOR GUY AND I GOT HIS PHONE NUMBER SO NOW I CAN MEET HIM ON THE OLD JOB SITES. KEEP DIGGIN THAT HOT SPOT. THE ROOSTER

Very cool Rooster....
I wil have remember that,,, I'll have to find me a guy like that...

WOW!

Sounds like an unbeleivable site! Are you getting any sleep at all? I sure wouldn't be!

Great finds! Where are the pics? :)

Rod

Re: 10 little Indians in two days... Pics added

Hey Rod, your right, a post just ain't a post without pics... ;D
Between all the spring cleaning and wanting to be hunting all the time, I hadn't had a chance to take a pic of them...
The pic show seven of them, one is from another site I was at recently... Four of them were found, like with minelab 1000, within a 4X4 area, the entire area for both the ones I found, and the ones my cousin found was in an area no bigger 15X15... This site has fill in some areas and the good old rich black dirt in others,,, Looks like it hasn't been touch in a long, long time...
The other one was found in a very small patch of the old dirt, on the other side of the field, where I found the 1919 wheatie...

Total there for me was: (6) IH's , (1) 1903 "V" Nickle, (1) no date Buffalo , (1) 1919 wheatie, in very good shape.

I think we have pretty much picked this area clean, but it rained last night, and may gives us a few more inches, or just make something we've pasted up, sound alittle diferent? ;D
I'm going to continue to try and find some more of the old black dirt in the area.
I'm almost certain that if I can there will be some goodies...

Sorry about the quality,,, I have got to get me a good camera...

Attachments

• 7IH.JPG
    7IH.JPG
    15.3 KB · Views: 184

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back