10-18-12 Field Hunt

dirtdigger1581

Jun 18, 2011
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Minelab Excalibur II 1000, Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Took my buddy Wes out to a local field today and put the E-trac w/ 6x8" SEF coil to work. Spent four hours out there enjoying a beautiful day and made a couple finds to sweeten the pot. Targets were scarce but we managed a couple keepers. I also made my first attempt at recording my finds with my video camera. You can check that out below. Had a great day!

Happy Hunting!

-Nate

Attachments

• 10-18-12Groupfront.jpg
    10-18-12Groupfront.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 85
  • 10-18-12Groupback.jpg
    10-18-12Groupback.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 86
Upvote 0
Very neat finds! When you folks go out field hunting you must be doin it with some sort of educated guess there was a home or other structure there.... I know fields grow a lot of things but I dont think they randomly grow money!

Very neat finds! When you folks go out field hunting you must be doin it with some sort of educated guess there was a home or other structure there.... I know fields grow a lot of things but I dont think they randomly grow money!

This is a field that was near an old colonial church, and the main road it is near had a lot of troop movement during the revolutionary/civil war. People planted the money crops here long ago. I'm just getting around to digging them up now. :tongue3:

Another beautiful day of local hunting. Just wasn't my day as I only found a piece of a coloinal shoe fork and a pounded piece of lead possibly used as a poker or chess piece. Nate has the golden horseshoe when it comes to finding coins, but I have all fall and winter to catch up on your early lead this year. I can't beleive how clean those two V Nickles are that you found.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back