$1 Trade Token...

Metal Headz

Sep 18, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's been a while since I posted anything. I got out for 3 hours today in a wooded area like usual. I've found 4 common Indian Head Pennies this week. This is the best looking one.

Screenshot_2017-04-17-22-10-38.png

I found this button a couple days ago.

Screenshot_2017-04-21-21-53-31.png

Today I found this $1 Trade Token. It rang up around 82-84 on the ATP and is dime sized. Anyone know how old it might be?

Screenshot_2017-04-21-21-04-07.png

Last edited:
Upvote 5
That's a beautiful looking Indian.

Unfortunately tokens with number on them are almost impossible to trace. They are called mavericks. I have a lot of them. You probably will not get an age on it. The great seal button is common and is still used. Congrats on the finds

Unfortunately tokens with number on them are almost impossible to trace. They are called mavericks. I have a lot of them. You probably will not get an age on it. The great seal button is common and is still used. Congrats on the finds

Thanks for the info! I found these along an old road that likely was never paved/bricked from 100+ years ago. Most of the coins I've found are late 1800's or early 1900's in this area. I know the US seal button became standard in 1902. The area was also heavily mined with mine entrances on the same hillside so I thought the token could be older than the coins. It will stay a mystery.

Nice cool old finds! Running out of time as the weeds are growing quickly in the woods. Good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back