1) Percussion cap??? 2) Anyone recognize this "COIN" logo?

ToastedWheatie

Jun 30, 2013
Hudson Valley, NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Infinium
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the help!

At first I thought this was a percussion cap, but not too sure since it has a tapered end, and those grooves almost look functional.
3/4" long.
Any thoughts?

c four.jpgc five.jpgc three.jpg

The second item has a logo of the word "coin" encircled.
Anyone recognize it? Know what their product line was?

c one.jpgc two.jpg

I thought I could identify the company, and lead me to what this may have been (plumbing? Vehicle related? cosmetic?)
This isn't a life priority to figure this one out, but it bugs the heck out of me when I can't find something. I thought it would be easy.....

thanks!

The first looks more like a jacket from a bullet. The second is a watch back cover. The coin should mean coin silver.

Upvote 0
was probably silver plated and was probably meant to deceive the purchaser into thinking it was coin silver just like all the antique wedding bands we see posted here that are marked 18k but are actually plated

Upvote 0
I Agree on the bullet jacket
Also on the watch back It appears to be an 18 size pocket watch back in Coin Silver. Coin was used as a deception for coin silver and the watch was more than likely a knock off counterfeit!

Upvote 0
That is the Copper Jacket from a Fired (Hence the Rifling Grooves) Bullet. Looks a lot like 9mm 140Grain FMJ

Upvote 0
That would be about the size of a No. 18 pocket. Coin silver was not high grade silver. It was an alloy that was just called "coin silver" mostly for watches.
Thanks Tony, but it's 2 1/4" in diameter. Nothing in the appearance indicates silver.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back