melbourne
Detector(s) used
ace 250 ace 350 AT pro
Fischer gold bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are these two worth roughly
IMG_9117.jpgIMG_9223.jpg

These two items are part of an 1855 2-piece buckle. This tongue section goes on one side, and a large circle section goes on the other. They started manufacturing these in 1855 and changed the name of the company in 1856 to "Pollack Brothers" which replaced the "Wetzlar & Taussig" letters.

Normally, these go for around $300 for just the tongue sections you have. But as with any artifact of this nature, it all comes down to what collectors are willing to pay for it.

Wow i mainly collect australian buckles ill have to see if i can find the other halves

I used to dig in Gold Rush sites and have dug the Pollack Brothers tongue before. I have a broken example of the Wetzlar in my collection. Both of these are really tough to find in the western US. Some of these 1850's plates are occasionally found in Australia due to the CA gold miners moving on to Australia in the latter 1850's. Very nice and historical finds that witnessed at least two major historical and world changing events.

i thought that they wouldnt be common in a pair do you find many australian buckles in the usa id be interested in seeing any

Id be willing to sell or swap the pair for australian buckles or best offer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back