14k Gold, Silver Tiger Eye Ring, Silver Winged Badge, 49 Roose, wheats, etc.

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Hi everybody. I had a fairly good weekend when it comes to finds. The first two photos are the finds from Saturday’s hunt, that wasn’t a very productive day. The mentionable finds for that day are a 49 Roosevelt and 7 wheats. I tried hard for Gold but that day it wasn’t to be had. I met Ray from Banning there and I’d have to say he’s a stand up kind of guy in by book, he found some old coins too. I also saw Cal Hunter there, he found a Gold ring.

It was a different story when I went back on Sunday. The mentionable finds for that day are a 3” 2.6 dwt piece of Gold chain the tested 14k. The chain seems very unusual to me and for some reason it reminds me of styles from the Philippines. I also found an unmarked silver ring with a tiger eye gem setting. And it was a very welcome site with this sterling silver pilot badge came out.

I found a pot metal pilot badge a few weeks ago at this same site, and then I lost it. Even with the lawnmower damage I’m happy with it. You can see that I straighten it out some in the last photos. That day I saw psycho kitty, Foolleo from the Cali Site, and I think I saw Cal Hunter from T-Net and the Cali Site but I never talked to him.

We’ve got to hit that spot again Ray.

Attachments

• AH Revisit 11 Saturday\'s Mess.JPG
    AH Revisit 11 Saturday\'s Mess.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 1,030
  • Cleaned Keepers.JPG
    Cleaned Keepers.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 2,250
  • AH Revisit 9 Cleaned.JPG
    AH Revisit 9 Cleaned.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 2,701
  • AH Revisit 8 Cleaned.JPG
    AH Revisit 8 Cleaned.JPG
    129.8 KB · Views: 992
  • AH Revisit 7 Gold Chain.JPG
    AH Revisit 7 Gold Chain.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 1,481
  • AH Revisit 6 Gold Chain.JPG
    AH Revisit 6 Gold Chain.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 1,023
  • AH Revisit 5 Silver Ring.JPG
    AH Revisit 5 Silver Ring.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 1,021
  • AH Revisit 4 Silver Ring.JPG
    AH Revisit 4 Silver Ring.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 1,041
  • AH Revisit 3 Silver Ring.JPG
    AH Revisit 3 Silver Ring.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 1,030
  • AH Revisit 2.JPG
    AH Revisit 2.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 1,044
  • AH Revisit 1.JPG
    AH Revisit 1.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 1,030
  • AH Revisit 12 Saturday\'s Mess.JPG
    AH Revisit 12 Saturday\'s Mess.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 1,042
Upvote 0
Re: 14k Gold, Silver Tiger Ring, Silver Winged Badge, 49 Roose, wheats, etc.

That is the second silver winged badge that I have found. Both of them are in the second photo.

Attachments

• My 2 Badges.JPG
    My 2 Badges.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 950
  • My Badge Hall Mark and Ring.JPG
    My Badge Hall Mark and Ring.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 994
  • AH Revisit 10 Cleaned.JPG
    AH Revisit 10 Cleaned.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 969

Excellent finds Ant! :) Congrats on the goodies...I really like those wings!

HH!
TBGO

Great finds and like always, exceptional photos.

Interesting finds you have recovered!

My soccer field search was not near so good.

But it was a nice CA day! ;D

R M P T R

Attachments

• scrapcr.JPG
    scrapcr.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 865
Great finds and you are getting very good at taking pictures of finds, congrats on the gold and silver! HH, Mike

Wow Ant! Awesome day! I love the wings and the ring! Sounds like you had a fun filled hunt! Good luck on your next trip!

HH,
Moon

Nice Finds. In the picture of the two sets of wings - The top wing is Airforce Officer Pilot's Wings Badge and the bottom damaged wings are what I think are WWII Enlisted Aircrew Wings.

TE

Attachments

• AircrewBadge.gif
    AircrewBadge.gif
    2.6 KB · Views: 754
  • AircrewBadge.gif
    AircrewBadge.gif
    2.6 KB · Views: 737
Sweet find's Ant.....I like that chunk of Gold chain,too bad the rest wasn't attached. My buddy at work is from the Phillipine's,trying to talk him into going over there one time for some of that Gold...Congrat's and HH!!

That sounds like a busy site! :D

Super finds, Ant! Congrats! Nana :)

I try to depict in my photos what I see when I dig a keeper, the ID and after cleaning. And thanks for all the advice and ID's. Thanks again everybody, and Good Luck.

Ant,

Next time you go back there you might want to just dig a bigger hole where you found that piece of chain. Chances are the clasp that you found set off the detector. The rest of the chain probably wouldn't register without the clasp attached. Even though you may not have gotton a signal, the rest of it may still be there.

Glenn

yo Ant

From the land of the Bluenose.....man did those findsever clean up nice. Congrats on a good hunt and even better photography. What model camera are you using sir? Looking forward to your next post!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back