U.S. Model 1816 Flintlock lock plate

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
It happened again today. I was having a great afternoon at a new spot that is untouched. 25 acres with three cellar holes and a 1785 home on it. I just started working it this afternoon. Found a trashed 1881 indian head, a nice horse bridal rosette, a brass harness buckle, a ladies 1890's half butterfly belt buckle and what appears to have been a really cool pewter button of a knight on a horse slaying a dragon. It was time to head home so I was just swinging kind of fast back and forth while I headed for the car. Got a solid hit and dug a US marked model 1816 flintlock musket lock plate in really nice shape. I could not believe it. This has been on my goal list for over three years. Made my day, and I get to go back tomorrow evening and Saturday all day.... Lance

Attachments

• Aug 17 05 finds.jpg
    Aug 17 05 finds.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 337
  • Model 1816 lock plate.jpg
    Model 1816 lock plate.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 353
Upvote 0
Heres a better picture of the knight slaying the dragon button...Lance

Attachments

• Sir Galahad.jpg
    Sir Galahad.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 412
Good stuff!

HH

Lonewolfe

Makes you wonder where the rest of the gun is don't it? A friend of mine found a pistol his first day out. He gave it to a collector friend of his and he restored it and last week end we fired it! Ugly, but it shot! Just a little .22 nothing from history. JIM

Comfy,

very nice finds. You sure have something to look forward to on Fri. and Sat.

Good hunting.

have a good un.............
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Very cool, Love the old history surrounding you.

Keep up the search.

HH Jer

Congrats Comfy on your nice haul ! Looks like a good location to hunt. Thanks for the pics and keep us posted on your finds.

Huntin' 59er

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back