Sill Going with the Gut 2 Halves Dug (1907 & 1970) & Other Cool Finds

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Left out just before noon today and my gut told me to hit another permission (house build in 1950).
I only hunted the curb strip and half the front yard. The best find was the silver a 1907 Barber Half. :occasion14:
It had to be dropped before the house was built. It was next to the sidewalk about 7 inches deep. The other nice finds were a 1970 Kennedy half, 2 junk rings, 2 wheats (1940 & 45), and 2 tokens. One token has a camel on the front with the words "One Day at a Time", I believe comes from AA since it has the serenity prayer on the back and the other is a President Andrew Jackson token;

Today's Notable Finds

20160501_155336.jpg

All Today's Finds (less trash)

20160501_155202.jpg

As always, I hope ya'll got out and swung the coil :metaldetector: today.

GL & HH

Upvote 41
Now that is a good day. Hope the rest of that yard gives up some goodies!

You need to change that Screen name to LocoMofo! That barber is a killer find. We see plenty of walkers and Franklins on here but man I love to see a Barber half!

Congrats buddy. Nice to see your new tactic is working wonders!

Congrats on the halfs.... 1970 is 40% silver :icon_thumright:

I believe your camel token is a Camel cigarette token.Also the 70 is a 79 I believe the 0 is too small to be 70 and they weren't common,Minted for collectors only in sets.D and S mint marks only.I love that Barber.

Last edited:
Hi Loco Digger; Nice finds there. Been a long time since I found a Barber halve. Congrats. EACE:RONB

Good job following your gut, that Barber half is a great reward! I absolutely love Barbers, and the half is my favourite coin to dig.

love the barber cool find !

Sweet Id take that day anytime good job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

Instinct rings true again. Your an excellent hunter LD. Thanks for sharing.[emoji106]

HH, Relic Nut

I believe your camel token is a Camel cigarette token.Also the 70 is a 79 I believe the 0 is too small to be 70 and they weren't common,Minted for collectors only in sets.D and S mint marks only.I love that Barber.

you might be correct about the year on the Kennedy, wish you said this earlier I already got a pick 4 ticket for 1907 straight and boxed thinking 1907 and 1970 was a sign.

here is a better example of the camel token it's not from the cigarette company.

Bronze One Day at a Time Camel Medallion - Serenity Prayer

Barber half!!! Wowsers... You have a good gut on ya Loco! There was something about the 1970 half dollars, but i cant recall it exactly.... Were they only issued in mint sets or something? Hmmm... Gotta think more about it. Either way, two great halves! Way to go!!:thumbsup:

Nice going LD. I need a Barber half to complete my Barber set:tongue3:

Wow loco you killed it with that barber half ,
Good gut feelings are always worth trying !!
Great job hh gl

Nice barber Loco

Thanks for the link to your camel token, never seen one before...
And why can't I find a Barber Half?

Must be hard to stifle the old victory dance/war cry when you are in a stranger's front yard. For a barber half, I'd probs just let it fly :tongue3: congrats!

Two big silvers in the same day, Sweet!! That barber is especially Sweet, Congrats!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back