Old blue excalibur 1000 advice

Jul 21, 2023
It's over 15 years old, only the threshold knob works for on/off, seems stuck on pinpoint. I just got a new Excalibur 2 battery to see if the detector works, and it does beep near metal. Only one ear of the headphones works. Not sure what I should do with this, I'm not up for a project. I could send to Minelab for repair, or sell as-is to someone for parts or project. Anyone have suggestions?
?
minelab.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: OBN
Judging from what you say all pots need to be replaced, (the O-RINGS are changed when pots are changed), need new headphones and a new coil, I don't know Minelab's current repair charges, the old rates would have been between $500 and $600 at a minimum. You can call and ask the cost of replacing what I mentioned and see what they say. If there is damage from corrosion to the motherboard the cost would increase.

Maybe sell, not much worth anything except the heart.. the Board. You should be able to get 200.oo for it. Or keep it for a back up board which is what I would do.

It's fixable assuming the board is good. It's a matter of cost. What sort of detecting are you planning to do? There may be another brand/model that will do the job even better for you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back