New girl metal detector!!!

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Learned on Bounty Hunter Junior, then Tracker IV, and now using the Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey guys and girls! Just wanted to introduce myself. M name is jelka and from Bosnia. But now I love in New York. I watched some videos on metal detecting and got really excited about the hobby. Hopefully somebody can tell me what's a good metal detector. I want a intermediate detector. And was thinking one from bounty hunter. Did do a lot of research already and stuck between the bounty hunter quick silver or the bounty hunter pioneer 505. I really like the pioneer 505 but don't want it to be too expensive please help out thanks! I usually coin roll hunt not metal detect but decided to five metal detecting a try! :) thanks :) !

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-Net. There a couple of section here on metal detecting and brands. You might also consider the Tesoro as a good machine to start with. I do not have any experience with Bounty Hunters. We also have a coin roll section. Any questions feel free to ask members and Happy Hunting.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Howdy Jelka, sorry you are stuck in that wasteland of a city. Sometime get to the real America in the midwest

OP
OP
T

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to T-Net. There a couple of section here on metal detecting and brands. You might also consider the Tesoro as a good machine to start with. I do not have any experience with Bounty Hunters. We also have a coin roll section. Any questions feel free to ask members and Happy Hunting.

Thank you for helping out! :)

OP
OP
T

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Howdy Jelka, sorry you are stuck in that wasteland of a city. Sometime get to the real America in the midwest

Haha yeah I don't like it New York can't wait to travel or something ;)

OP
OP
T

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think the BH 505 would be good...and i`s seen a guy with a BH Tracker VI do well with it . Gary

Okay, I'll probably get the pioneer 505 can it find gold and silver? What about the the bounty hunter quick silver?

OP
OP
T

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome once your addiction starts you'll realize us New Yorkers have really long..... winters

Yeah we really do have looooong winters.. That's usually the time when I do coin roll hunting during the winter. Although I did find a 1890 Indian head penny coin roll hunting.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Jelka from just up the river. Don't listen to these folks who don't like N.Y. How many colonial areas do they get to hunt? And NYC has the greatest variety of restaurants, museums, and art in the world!! Some great flea markets too.

OP
OP
T

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome Jelka from just up the river. Don't listen to these folks who don't like N.Y. How many colonial areas do they get to hunt? And NYC has the greatest variety of restaurants, museums, and art in the world!! Some great flea markets too.

Thanks for the welcome! :) and oh don't worry I'm no offended and it's good to hear there's a fellow just up the river! Don't love in NYC I live in Syracuse ny. Just about six hours away from the real nyc. Haha :)

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

HMM.... I am pretty sure she said New York NOT New York CITY But thanks for insulting all New Yorkers in one post. You do know what happens when you ASSUME right?

Barkeater

Jan 13, 2014
NE
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 with F4 DD coil. Garrett AT-Gold with stock 5x8 & NEL BIG 15x17 coil. White's MX Sport. Vibra probe pin pointer(RIP)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From one newbie new yorker to another welcome! I'm just northeast of Syracuse myself. A few times during the summer we go down to Cicero NY & watch the drag racing at E.S.T.A. Syracuse gets crazy during car show weekend in mid July. Some old places down there. Never know what you'll find. Good luck & have fun!

OP
OP
T

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
From one newbie new yorker to another welcome! I'm just northeast of Syracuse myself. A few times during the summer we go down to Cicero NY & watch the drag racing at E.S.T.A. Syracuse gets crazy during car show weekend in mid July. Some old places down there. Never know what you'll find. Good luck & have fun!

Thanks! And cool maybe we could metal detect sometime! ;) although I'm just 17 haha :)

OP
OP
T

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
HMM.... I am pretty sure she said New York NOT New York CITY But thanks for insulting all New Yorkers in one post. You do know what happens when you ASSUME right?

Yeah, not from New York City just in the New York area, in Syracuse NY haha :)

OP
OP
T

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Haha cool! Maybe we can metal detect sometime! Although I'm just 17 haha ;)

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome aboard!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions