πŸ† HONORABLE MENTION Helped an other couple to find their wedding band.

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those of you who know me a bit probably noticed that I very rarely find any type of jewellery (other than Fur Trade ) as I mostly concentrate on early relics and coins. I find it funny that despite that I still manage to pull an occasional gold with diamonds :laughing7: although the context in which it is done wouldn't really qualify it as a find.

I just arrived at a new permission and barely had time to get the machine out when a guy stopped by the side of the road and asked me if I could help him out as his wife lost her wedding band in their back yard. Although I was eager to explore the new field I accepted and within a few minutes was checking the guy's backyard for the lost item. It took me less than 10 minutes to reunite the lost ring with it's owner. The gentlemen's wife was extremely happy as she wore it since their wedding ( 15 years ) before the unfortunate loss.
It sure made my day and from the reaction of the couple I would say it made theirs as well.

Screenshot_20180825-210044_Gallery[10739].jpg

A ring return is very gratifying. I love the smiles :hello2:

Your ten minute contribution to this couple's life will be remembered for decades. Great job, Ddf.

What a way to start off a hunt. Doing a good deed for someone and getting the result they were hoping for should just make the rest of the day that much more enjoyable. Congrats on the good deed.

When we have a great day of detecting, we smile to ourselves…..

When we help find something, for someone else, they smile, and it's a Priceless treasure..... Good Karma coming your way, again....

Huge Congrats on the ring return! I'd say that's another Honorable Mention for you.

Many kudos to you Aureus. Your unselfish deed speaks volumes for the rest of us detectorists as well. Much appreciated.

Great job on the return! I've found a Pine Tree Shilling, and also returned a girl's high school ring 17 years later- the ring return was more special to me. Congrats on a return well done!

-- Jeff --

That’s a good deed.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. :icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft:

Congratualtions!

Great job thats awesome

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back