Have a few questions here.

Mobes

Oct 4, 2007
Westmont IL
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV
I have owned my detector for about a year now, I don't get out much but when I do I never find anything extravigant. I find mostly junk still fun but I would love to be finding some silver. When using my whites prism IV would you leave the sensitivity at a low setting or a high setting? How do I know when to change the setting of the sensitivity? Also when I detect I leave the nail setting marked not to go off should I be detecting all metals? Could I be missing good items by not digging the items that would go off under the nail setting? Thanks for any help and heres wishing you all the best of luck and happy hunting.

S

stefen

Until you become proficient with your MD unit, consider how you're helping rid the planet of junk :thumbsup:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't help you with your machine, perhaps you should also post this under the brands forum and you may get some assistance. I have an Ace 250, not the best machine in the world, but I still find things. They are not the best discoveries for sure, but I am having fun and getting fresh air.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might try getting some "targets" of various metals and plant them in the ground to see how your detector reacts with different settings. Bottom line though is practice, practice, practice. Good luck!!

OP
OP
Mobes

Mobes

Oct 4, 2007
Westmont IL
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV
Well thanks for the replies guys any tips are better than none.

dazoff

Aug 7, 2007
Lower Mainland Vancouver,BC
Detector(s) used
To many to say
You should run sensitivity as high as you can without chatter/chirping.

In open fields you only want to avoid iron signals.
City parks are more of a challange ie pulltabs,bottle caps, can slaw, dig them all if you want gold rings.

For silver the VDI is much higher and the bigger factor will be getting depth, max out sensitivity. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread