Finally, my first old coin with the Simplex!

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+

Attachments

• IMG_2157.jpeg
    IMG_2157.jpeg
    548.6 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_2156.jpeg
    IMG_2156.jpeg
    675.3 KB · Views: 140
Upvote 36
Nice! I would think the front is just ground down from being in the driveway, but the back actually looks pretty good?
I got a little crud off carefully. It appears to be a 1901 no mint mark. I’m positive on the 190 but the last 1 could be something else.

Well, that's a major milestone and a day you'll always remember.
It's not only your oldest coin but also the first coin that you found that's over 100 years old ! :icon_thumright:

When I see posts like this one, it makes me wish I just got my first metal detector and was starting all over again.

Good Hunting !

In my driveway. A place I’ve been over dozens of times. The back is decent, the obverse is crud-coated.
What’s the best way to clean so I can read the date? This’ll beat my 1966 quarter for oldest. 😆 thanks!
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Blackfoot58.....a big congrats on your coin !! I've been following you for awhile now, and I know how long you've been trying for an older coin. Your patience and determination do not go unnoticed, and im happy for you to get that coin !! A well deserved find for the time and effort you put forth !! Congratulations 👏👏👏🫡

Congratulations Bart

I got a little crud off carefully. It appears to be a 1901 no mint mark. I’m positive on the 190 but the last 1 could be something else.
Nice find! for future reference, the only Indian cents with a mint mark are the 1908S and 1909S.....both key dates.

Congratulations on your oldest coin find! You broke the barrier! Thanks for sharing.

Nice find! for future reference, the only Indian cents with a mint mark are the 1908S and 1909S.....both key dates.
Thanks, I didn't know that. That's why I love Tnet. You learn stuff on here all the time. 👍

As mentioned above, great job on getting that IH l@@king so good.
Congrats on your oldest coins. The 1800's are just around the corner.
-MM-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back