PXL_20231105_010019429.jpg
    912.2 KB · Views: 42
Upvote 9

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Nice dig. It's a fancy tombac. Breaks just like a tombac too. What would make it Hessian? Something in the design?

OP
OP
V

VTSwinger

May 5, 2017
Northern VT
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice dig. It's a fancy tombac. Breaks just like a tombac too. What would make it Hessian? Something in the design?
I assumed the shank of a different materiel going into the cone on the back was the tell tale sign but I'm genuinely asking. I have several other confirmed hessian buttons from this site but nothing this big or fancy.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I assumed the shank of a different materiel going into the cone on the back was the tell tale sign but I'm genuinely asking. I have several other confirmed hessian buttons from this site but nothing this big or fancy.
Nothing to do with Hessian. That reverse shank type is common in the UK manufacturing process. I have tons, its just a civvy tombac button with a common decor.

OP
OP
V

VTSwinger

May 5, 2017
Northern VT
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nothing to do with Hessian. That reverse shank type is common in the UK manufacturing process. I have tons, its just a civvy tombac button with a common decor.
Thank you. Is the manufacturing style any different for a Hessian button or is it just the application of it being a military button that makes it so?

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did good :) what machine were you using VTSwinger ?

OP
OP
V

VTSwinger

May 5, 2017
Northern VT
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You did good :) what machine were you using VTSwinger ?
Deus 2. I've used the at pro as this sight for a few years and have another 2 on it with the deus 2. I went back to my AT pro to use the mini coil on an iron patch and didn't get any nonferrous. Switched over to the deus, sensitive full tones and found this within 3 swings. Dumb luck combined with pulling iron out of this sight for years.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen a lot of detectorists swinging there coils. I bet 80% of them are moving when they swing while walking

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you. Is the manufacturing style any different for a Hessian button or is it just the application of it being a military button that makes it so?
Many of the Hessian attributions are questionable in the first place, as there are no differences between the Countries or the Military types.

OP
OP
V

VTSwinger

May 5, 2017
Northern VT
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Many of the Hessian attributions are questionable in the first place, as there are no differences between the Countries or the Military types.
I was actually suspicious of this, thanks for confirming.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deus 2. I've used the at pro as this sight for a few years and have another 2 on it with the deus 2. I went back to my AT pro to use the mini coil on an iron patch and didn't get any nonferrous. Switched over to the deus, sensitive full tones and found this within 3 swings. Dumb luck combined with pulling iron out of this sight for years.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for taking time to reply :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread