Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the pictures. The weather and time of year that is the luck of the draw.

Interesting all the same.

Crow
Good morning Crow,
I was surprised how much freezing rain had piled up, out there.
Our car was the only one in the parking lot.

I had to very gingerly, slowly walk …. It was very slick. I didn’t slip and fall, but came very close a few times.

It was just too much ice and too thick, to attempt going out to the north end of the driving range. 🤪

I too thought it interesting, as I don’t recall ever seeing that much ice on a golf course before 🥹

I’m glad the freeway was not like that, driving back to Idaho 👍😁

Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning Crow,
I was surprised how much freezing rain had piled up, out there.
Our car was the only one in the parking lot.

I had to very gingerly, slowly walk …. It was very slick. I didn’t slip and fall, but came very close a few times.

It was just too much ice and too thick, to attempt going out to the north end of the driving range. 🤪

I too thought it interesting, as I don’t recall ever seeing that much ice on a golf course before 🥹

I’m glad the freeway was not like that, driving back to Idaho 👍😁

Idahodutch
Hello all,
My youngest was over near enough to Portland, to make it out to the golf course.The two things shown in the left raised dirt pile, turned out to be water.

Those two piles north of the driving range are sand piles. There for convenience.

However, just north of that location, at the SW corner of Reed college, are some old buildings that got torn down a while back.
A barn, and a house. Plus orchards used to be there. My son spent some time talking to an employee that knew the people that were last affiliated with the older buildings that were removed at Reed college. She’s the one that gave some history of it to him.

Who knows? But it is looking like if the graves used to be near this area, it’s looking like they may have been relocated 🤷🏼‍♂️
Idahodutch
IMG_0928.jpeg

Crow,
Thanks for bringing forward the story. It’s an interesting one. 👌

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread