Brass Mailbox - Corbin Cabinet Lock Company

maxiebaby0914

Aug 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a brass mailbox made by the Corbin Cabinet Lock Company at a garage sale this past Saturday. I paid $5.00 for it. Its missing the key lock and another part on the lower end of box. The brass finish is in very nice condition. I dont think it was used outside. Its in like new condition. It stands almost 12" in height. Does anyone know if this kind of box is collectible? I am curious as to how old it is and its value.
Corbin Cabinet Lock Company- Brass Letter Box.jpg Corbin Cabinet Lock Company.jpg

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The lock can be easily replaced and the missing part on the lower end of the box would have been a clear piece of lucite, glass or a brass slotted piece, used to see if there is any mail in the box without opening it, also an easy fix. As far as the age, I don't know. It's pre 1987 because the company was purchased by the Eastern Company. I would guess it's a 70's- early 80's era piece, the logo is not one of their older ones. On eBay it would probably fetch $40-$50 if you fixed it first. Here is an older version of one similar to yours that I believe would date to the 1950's (not as old as the seller tries to proclaim)- VINTAGE Antique Brass CORBIN CABINET LOCK by FeistyBroadDesigns
Hope this helps.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread