beach depth test, CTX, MANTICORE, EQUINOX, LEGEND, SCORE, DOUBLE SCORE,XTERRA PRO

oldmxrat

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not me but a gentleman named Harry Fink.. who has passed now.

And
If your finding a 100 gold rings a year, now days your doing Great! It requires a lot of swing time on the beach or in the water.

I use to post over on the now gone "TreasureDepot' Ring daddy page.. I had 7 years 2015 to 2021 averaging over 100 gold a year, my best was 135 (2017) and my best weight was 21 oz in 2019. Last year 45 and this year 5.. I hit a bump in the road but feeling much better now. At 71 I'm not sure if I can do that pace again, hunting 3 to 4 times a week no matter the weather. Luckily I still have most of my gold, close to 900 pieces and I did catch about four hundred on the Go Pro. So now I can set back and re-live a lot.

Like ARC said, nothing like years ago..

View attachment 2120610 View attachment 2120611
Sheesh, Ima thinking I got into this a tad too late, that's incredible!

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
TESTING THE UNITS ON WET SALT SAND BEACH...

Very good video and like to add one thing.
Gave a Newbie my Manticore to use on beach while I was using my Equinox 800 with 15" coil. Had the Manticore on Beach low conductors and Sensitivity around 19 to minimize deep targets to dig for the Newbie. Had my 800 on Beach I and Sensitivity was 22 or so. Both ground balanced. noise canceled, etc,. She detected a quarter at 84 and I was confirming her readings to avoid digging junk and long-story-short my 800 w 15" coil could not detect the quarter that the Manticore detected with an 11" coil. I was totally blown away! And I dig quarters all day long at 12" or so with my 15" coil that most 11" detectors miss no matter the brand with their 10" - 11" coils. When we dug the target it was in the 12-14" range. And the Manticore wasn't even jacked up in terms of Sensitivity (up to 35). I have a more complex choice when I go out tomorrow metal detecting the beach. I have been using the 800 because of better coverage and, I thought, deeper target detection. Now with the results of my recent comparison, the Manticore is moving to the front of the class.
Happy Hunting

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Very good video and like to add one thing.
Gave a Newbie my Manticore to use on beach while I was using my Equinox 800 with 15" coil. Had the Manticore on Beach low conductors and Sensitivity around 19 to minimize deep targets to dig for the Newbie. Had my 800 on Beach I and Sensitivity was 22 or so. Both ground balanced. noise canceled, etc,. She detected a quarter at 84 and I was confirming her readings to avoid digging junk and long-story-short my 800 w 15" coil could not detect the quarter that the Manticore detected with an 11" coil. I was totally blown away! And I dig quarters all day long at 12" or so with my 15" coil that most 11" detectors miss no matter the brand with their 10" - 11" coils. When we dug the target it was in the 12-14" range. And the Manticore wasn't even jacked up in terms of Sensitivity (up to 35). I have a more complex choice when I go out tomorrow metal detecting the beach. I have been using the 800 because of better coverage and, I thought, deeper target detection. Now with the results of my recent comparison, the Manticore is moving to the front of the class.
Happy Hunting
Thanks for sharing, I wonder how the Manticore does once submerged in saltwater? And active saltwater.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread