Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I was hunting at one of my spots, and as always a curious person came up and started to chit chat and ask questions. I thought nothing of it and politely answered the typical questions that are asked. I noticed he was wearing quite a bit of gold, and when he asked me if I wanted a beer I accepted !! I was done for the day and headed out to my truck, so it was nice to pause for a beer and relax. As the conversation went on, he revealed that he had lost a ring swimming here over a year and a half ago !! I ask what it looks like , and he says it was silver with a lapis stone in it........I say, yup.....I got it, and he says how do you know so quickly you have it ? I tell him that I've only ever found one ring that had a lapis lazuli stone in it and it was silver, and I found it here !! I asked him what was inscribed on the back, and he says "Isreal 925". At this point I'm certain I have it, and I tell him I'll send him a picture, and if it's his he can come get it on his next trip to the keys !!

Well yesterday I met with him for lunch and beers and made the return !! Now this ring is a 50 dollar at best piece, and that's brand new and retail value. My scrap value is 10-20 bucks I'd say, so anyone driving a 120 mile round trip to get it must have great sentimental attachment to it. He also wanted to give me a reward for it, which I could not except.....you see....my new friend Joshua is an active duty soldier, and was here on leave. He did a tour in Iraq as an M1-Abrams tanker, and now he is cyber security at foreign embassies !! So...I could not except any reward from this warrior, but I did except a couple beers from him, and was happy to return this family heirloom to him.....it was purchased for him by his mom when she was on vacation in Jerusalem. Somewhere I have a post on here from the day I found it, and I remember my now deceased t-net friend RTR Roger liking it , and offering to buy it from me !! Im searching for that post to link to this one but can't find it yet ? πŸ˜•
20230828_163706.jpg
20230828_163656.jpg
20230828_163719.jpg
20230903_150439.jpg

20230903_150416.jpg

God bless you Joshua, and thank you for your service.....glad I could help you get this sentimental piece back after almost 2 years !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 46
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome!
He was a super nice guy GCP !! And a veteran, soldier, and father !! He heads out for a 1 year deployment this week.....we agreed to get together for beers in one year !!😁🍺

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good on ya mate!
Too bad you haven’t found either the Krugerand I lost, or the 18k Mens necklace weighing about 12 ounces
Thank you sir !!
Keep checking the mail....im sure I sent them both last week !!πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜…πŸ«‘

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks RC I'm glad he got it back !!
If you hadn't pursued the issue , much would have been missed.
I know I didn't expect so much a background out of a return. Or the sentiment. As in it wasn't just a ring.
And for the "blah" kind of returns that do happen , here's an example of one of the whys for returning a find.
And a beer out of the deal too!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you hadn't pursued the issue , much would have been missed.
I know I didn't expect so much a background out of a return. Or the sentiment. As in it wasn't just a ring.
And for the "blah" kind of returns that do happen , here's an example of one of the whys for returning a find.
And a beer out of the deal too!
2 years Is a pretty long time!!...must be a miracle and ment to be !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread