XP Deus II vs Equinox nail test.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the video Calabash, i always look forward to your videos!

Why do you think the barber dime in between 3 nails on your old Equinox nail test from 3 years ago hit way better than this newest test between two nails? I noticed on your old test you hit it from different angles and were maybe swinging faster or at different heights, which may have helped a bit? Go to 6:50:

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well nail size plays a part...BUT the difference is the 2x4 is 1 1/2 inches thick in the Deus II test where as the 1 x is 3/4/ inches thick in the old test.. Also the test today was down the barrel on the nail and that is a tougher test..

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well nail size plays a part...BUT the difference is the 2x4 is 1 1/2 inches thick in the Deus II test where as the 1 x is 3/4/ inches thick in the old test.. Also the test today was down the barrel on the nail and that is a tougher test..
Makes sense. This isn't a criticism, as i have liked your no BS videos from the day i saw your first one, but maybe do a test where you're hitting it from multiple angles and heights and nail configurations?

As is, by testing only one setup, one can find a sweet spot where one detector will pick it up and another won't. If someone was new and hadn't seen your old Equinox video, they'd go away thinking an Equinox can't pick coins out of iron at all!

No doubt this Deus is upping the bar over the Equinox though and i look forward to getting one next spring!

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the Equinox performance but the Deus II is upping the game from what I have seen so far....The Equinox can pick out coins out of iron BUT look at the coil height of the Deus II while unmasking the dime.... Never been a machine I have that could come close to that.

subey

Nov 23, 2021
Calabash said I love the Equinox performance but the Deus II is upping the game from what I have seen so far....The Equinox can pick out coins out of iron BUT look at the coil height of the Deus II while unmasking the dime.... Never been a machine I have that could come close to that.
Try a ctx it aces that test . sube

Just_curious

Aug 27, 2017
Georgia/Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab GM1000
White's GMZ
White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the video Calabash, i always look forward to your videos!

Why do you think the barber dime in between 3 nails on your old Equinox nail test from 3 years ago hit way better than this newest test between two nails? I noticed on your old test you hit it from different angles and were maybe swinging faster or at different heights, which may have helped a bit? Go to 6:50:

Wait...Deus came out with a new detector!?!? I had no idea. I kinda fell off for a little while.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Calabash said I love the Equinox performance but the Deus II is upping the game from what I have seen so far....The Equinox can pick out coins out of iron BUT look at the coil height of the Deus II while unmasking the dime.... Never been a machine I have that could come close to that.
Try a ctx it aces that test . sube
Put a gold coin down there and show that to me...Deus II can do both low and high conductors....CTX your out of luck...

subey

Nov 23, 2021
I asked you a month ago to do a simple test tab 3 inches away from a dime at 5 to 6 inches above all i hear are crickets .
As far as the gold 1 dollar coin you got me there but good luck finding one at a fairground a lot of aluminum comes in at id 9 to 11 we don't dig that # or we would not have time to even hunt .
As far as the dime in that test the ctx ids it what does the deus 2 say it is.
If we change the dime to a tab well the deus2 tell me it's
a low conductor the ctx well .All i want to know if it could be used in heavy conductive thrash with iron that's all not bashing any detector or the deus 2. sube

Last edited:
OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry man I have had a ton of request and have been dealing with a very serious health issue that has affected my thinking...and memory

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I asked you a month ago to do a simple test tab 3 inches away from a dime at 5 to 6 inches above all i hear are crickets .
As far as the gold 1 dollar coin you got me there but good luck finding one at a fairground a lot of aluminum comes in at id 9 to 11 we don't dig that # or we would not have time to even hunt .
As far as the dime in that test the ctx ids it what does the deus 2 say it is.
If we change the dime to a tab well the deus2 tell me it's
a low conductor the ctx well .All i want to know if it could be used in heavy conductive thrash with iron that's all not bashing any detector or the deus 2. sube
TNSHARPSHOOTER has the type testing your looking for...If you will PM me I will ask him if you can call him..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread