Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please no insults or talking down to members..

“A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”
― James Madison
The Constitution of the United States of America

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Merry Christmas to all on T-Net! Nice finds and thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
Newfiehunter

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Newfiehunter
We have chatted about the Cz Series on the Teknetics forum and in PMs.
I know you love those machines, as do i... over the 18 years i keep a CZ 6-a two coils and on and off Cz 5s a couple of times...and just sold my last Cz 5 4 days ago.
I bought the new T2 Ltd. the enhanced one and that machine is everything the Cz is but Dual Frek.
I have an old foundation cerca 1834, 400 ft. from the house, and i have pounded it for 24 years with every machine i sold was tested there by me and my hunting partner.
That new T2 has brought that site back to life, i have found so much more in one day there...than in the last 4 years.
You owe it to yourself to try the new DST models Tek. T2 and Fisher F75....so many modes to hunt in and all effective at their purpose.
If you hunt in parks you will love 3b the bottle cap mode i,tried it at a house where they have been throwing out caps for 30 years off the porch...it told me where the bottle caps and worked on the very old and the more recent caps.
Along with all the other modes and scary deep,lite weight ... i will not miss the Cz.
Gary

Gary,

Thanks for the info....I have been too set in my ways and find it difficult to give up my CZ5...Perhaps I will eventually look into the T2 and F75 in the near future...Actually I am considering the F70 and on my list of machines to purchase this year.....Happy New Year Everyone!...

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
Belly buttons. Some people gots innies and some people gots outties. Mine's an outie. I've been worrying myself half to death wondering why?, why?, why? O LORD have you done this mysterious thing? Even twisted the preach's arm trying to get 'im to find the answer in the Bible, but the cuss said he ain't wastin' his time on that project, it doesn't matter. So I posted on a kinda kinky forum thinking they might have some clues, but they just told me if it's an outie they don't care whether I push it or not, doesn't make no never mind to them. ........ So I push it every now and then just to verify it's still an outie, but nothing else still happens, I guess that's why the folks on the kinky forum who were into G-spots and such weren't interested in this one. .......I finally decided the preacher was right, it doesn't make a damn bit of difference anyhow, so I stopped worrying about it.

preacher and "hillary" outta get married they kinda
parrott" each other when she stated "what difference does it make?"
almost laughable if it wasn't so f**kin' sad!..i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It could be that the older analog CZ's work better then the newer digital machines. Ive been using the CZ's since its introduction in the early 1990's, they just work better. I'e done many head to head comparisons with simular priced digital machines on staked out deep coin signals in the San Francisco parks. The expensive new digitals would not pick up any of the deep coin signals I could get with my CZ6. I have 5 CZ's, three of them I purchased as used machines on ebay for about $300.00. I've tried a lot of machines since my purchase of the CZ6 in 1994 and still keep going back the the CZ. Just make sure you purchase a Los Banos Fisher, not a Texas First version.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Not really on topic, but I've read some bashing of the "Old Fisher" metal detectors...

I bought my 1260X in '83-'84. At the time I had Garretts & Whites & Tesoro. I put them in the closet after getting used to the 1260X.

I still have the "working wonderfully" great 1260X sitting right in the corner here. I thought today's technology would be so good that even the "mighty" Ace 250 would blow it away....

Not, gave the Ace away instead.

OP
OP
Newfiehunter

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It could be that the older analog CZ's work better then the newer digital machines. Ive been using the CZ's since its introduction in the early 1990's, they just work better. I'e done many head to head comparisons with simular priced digital machines on staked out deep coin signals in the San Francisco parks. The expensive new digitals would not pick up any of the deep coin signals I could get with my CZ6. I have 5 CZ's, three of them I purchased as used machines on ebay for about $300.00. I've tried a lot of machines since my purchase of the CZ6 in 1994 and still keep going back the the CZ. Just make sure you purchase a Los Banos Fisher, not a Texas First version.

Could not have said it better myself.....I have been looking at the Fisher F75 and to be honest, I don't think it will even compare to my 20 year old CZ5 when it comes to depth and stability. It is my primary detector even now..Bells and whistles does not make a detector. Others may beg to differ but the old CZ line by Los Banos are probably the best detectors ever made by Fisher...They were simple, no-nonsense metal detectors and built like tanks...The 12XX line was great as well...Wish I still had my 1266X...Wonder how many Fisher F75s will make it to 20 years? Not too many..if any will..JMHO

Last edited:

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I think its a decent price. The CZ21 is currently $1500. Flip this into salt mode and its a non waterproof CZ21 - perfect for the wetsand for $800. Any beach hunter that isnt going into the water can use this machine and compete the CZ21s/Excals that are out there on the beach. There are people out there that can mod the cz3d to make it crazy hot too.

Last edited:

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Actually, I paid that much ($800) for my CZ5 back when I first purchased it back in the 90's. To me, if the technology isn't keeping up with the times, I just thought the price would be cheaper. However, as Coinstriking Michigan just stated you don't see too many people swinging CZ3D and what worries me as another member just stated is the quality as good as the old Fishers before being bought by First Texas?...He bought one that didn't work, brand new!! I just want to get the best bang for my buck...I do like the CZs. If you check out the Youtube vidoes, it seems like the CZ3D is not a bad machine..

BTW Dave (aka Woof)...I was just asking a legitmate question...If you don't like it, don't insult another member...

My main hunting partner purchased a brand new TF CZ3D about 3 years ago. On our first hunt the machine would not work at all, it sounded off like it was stuck on battery test.. He sent the machine back to Texas and had another new machine sent back to him. On our second attempted hunt the 2nd new machine failed on the first time out! It had the same problems as the first one. Both of these machines sounded like the battery check tone was on when they were turned on, you could not get either machine to quite down. My hunting partner was done with Fisher after this experience. I felt bad, I was the one 'who recommended a CZ, I thought the CZ3D would preform like the old CZ6. My old trusty Los Banos CZ went 20 years before it needed its first repair.

OP
OP
Newfiehunter

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My main hunting partner purchased a brand new TF CZ3D about 3 years ago. On our first hunt the machine would not work at all, it sounded off like it was stuck on battery test.. He sent the machine back to Texas and had another new machine sent back to him. On our second attempted hunt the 2nd new machine failed on the first time out! It had the same problems as the first one. Both of these machines sounded like the battery check tone was on when they were turned on, you could not get either machine to quite down. My hunting partner was done with Fisher after this experience. I felt bad, I was the one 'who recommended a CZ, I thought the CZ3D would preform like the old CZ6. My old trusty Los Banos CZ went 20 years before it needed its first repair.

That is the reason why I wanted to stay away from the CZ3D.. The quality isn't the same as the Los Banos detectors....My CZ5 is 20 years old also...and would never part with it...and my backup Tesoro Vaquero and Cortes cannot compare when it comes to depth. Just hope my CZ5 can last another 20 years...

sycotoad

Jul 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope, all it ever was, was a thumb-twiddling feature. We didn't have to mention it in the user's manual since the kind of customer who would need that feature is the kind of customer who will find it on their own anyhow. ....That's my story and I'm sticking to it. At least until I can think up a better one to replace it.

well Dave that certainly sounds a lot better than "None of your business" which call me a noob, but I find quite rude - with respect

I have never in my life told any of my customers to do that - even if its got nothing to do with them - sure fire way to lose customers

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is like a car manufacturer saying to the customer, we put a brake pedal in your car but it only works at the factory. Sorry you had any expectation that it did something. Which it does, but that is secret. But hey keep pushing that pedal cause we are more entertained by car accidents, over the loss of proprietary info. Either that or you prominently displayed your ineptness in the design process for all users to see.

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This still going on?

Brake pedals in your car are a necessity. The mystery function on the knob is more like the hanger fixture on your car engine that the factory used to drop it in when the car was on the assembly line, but will likely never be used again unless someone needs to lift the engine out.

Keep pressing it and you'll go blind. ;-)

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just don't want you to be bored Charlie.

adespin

Greenie
Nov 2, 2014
Llanelli, Wales.
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Fisher F4, C Scope Promet 2, C Scope 1220B.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aww, i was enjoying this thread, and now it's stopped, it's a bit like Fox studio's, leave you on cliff hanger at the end of the series and cancel the next series.

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been considering purchasing a CZ3D before they are no longer produced...That day may come soon. But if it is older analog technology why does it have a $800 price tag? I have even checked sites from the US as well and they list it at the same price. What gives?
Quote from Jerrasic Park to the kid with the night vision goggles" lawyer ask,are they heavy,kid says Yes,well then put them down because there expensive ".
A CZ doesn't have that toy feeling about them.
They do hold up well and work land and saltwater wet sand.
Really deep and accurate,if they would ad target I.d numbers,wow.
Try taking a single freq.machine to the beach,cz's will work some really screwed up ground.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread