Whites IDX Pro coil compatibility ???(w/6000di Pro coils ?)

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Whites IDX Pro coil capability ???(w/6000di Pro coils ?)

Though I have a White's IDX Pro with the 350, 950, and 1500 coils... I have no clue about the backwards compatibility of other coils.
Maybe call up White's customer service and ask them?

Bran <><

OP
OP
TommNJ

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro

Ok thanks, I'll give them a call. Do you use the 1500 often ? How do you like it ? I would like to get one too.

Tom

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I actually haven't really used it since I've had it... mainly because I was told by someone on T-Net that I'd be missing the smaller items if I used it.
But I just came across a guy in Arkansas who uses it on his MXT (or XLT?) for relic hunting, and he's picked up Civil War coat buttons with his... and he just found a US belt plate with his 1500 a week or so ago!
So he's convinced me that I might should start using it instead of my 950 coil when I go relic hunting! The extra depth couldn't hurt....

Bran <><

OP
OP
TommNJ

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro

Ok, thanks again for the information Bran, I'll try to call them when I get home today if I get the chance. I hope you find some good stuff with your 1500 coil, I did pick up a 12" Hot head coil on EBay awhile ago and I did find smaller items with it , it seemed very sensitive but it got a little heavy after awhile.

Tom

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I really like my 950, and I hunt with it all the time... I've picked up a needle on the beach over Spring Break, as well as tiny pieces of tin foil and little lead split shots that are used for fishing... and some of my larger targets pick up well over 13 inches alone with my 950. My IDX Pro is pretty sensitive already...
But maybe I'll give that 1500 a spin next time I hunt for relics.
Good luck man!

Bran <><

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread