Upvote 1

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...to loud to use if i tap the coil on the ground...can it cut the coil apart and use sometime like electrical contact cleaner...
tn_metal_detector.gif
Until a member(s) pipes in - you might consider posting your request on COINMASTER for additional exposure...

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
so this machine used to work well, but after not being used for a long time.its to loud to use if i tap the coil on the ground it gets better for a short time, can it cut the coil apart and use sometime like electrical contact cleaner on it??? thank you

I'd start by making sure the battery terminals are clean, as well as the connector into the housing from the coil.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
so this machine used to work well, but after not being used for a long time.its to loud to use if i tap the coil on the ground it gets better for a short time, can it cut the coil apart and use sometime like electrical contact cleaner on it??? thank you
Has it got a coil cover on it?
If so take it off and clean the coil of any sand/dirt.
Inspect the coil for a crack as moisture can cause an issue in the coil as well.

OP
OP

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
no coil cover,so i cleaned all the contacts,new batterys.took the coil cable off and cleaned it. now it works good, but still need to test it at a park, thanks for all the good ideas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions