what stock investment site is better?

Randomly checking out the various sections of tnet and ran into this thread. It really is a difficult question to answer as often it comes down to platform preference. Also trading fees can vary, especially when it comes down to options trading. If you do trade options I would check out options house as they seem to be the lowest with the options fees. Otherwise i would suggest you make accounts with the various platforms and check out how you like the interface before you load money. I have heard some good things about thinkorswim but havent checked it out yet.

Last edited:
Many of them have been taken over by other entities through the years and fees and trading platforms change and evolve. I have been with Firstrade for a long time and TDAmeritrade for maybe 4 years? They are the latest in the string to takeover the account. I do like the streaming tickers and research tools they both offer now. I think the TD account was Brokerage America when I started with them?

It has been awhile since I have traded on either, I am in long positions so I don't know the new ins and outs of either.

Good Luck

Depends on what type of trading you do....I use TD Ameritrade....if you like daytrading I like their platformI also use Scottrade....like their statements and customer service...its a little cheaper too.If you are looking for investing advice...you have to pay for but Investor's Business Daily is a great source. You can get info overload if you are not careful.I would also suggest learning about the MACD.

Not sure if you are looking for an investment site for opinions, research, trading strategies, etc or actual trading services.

Research - seekingalpha.com
Trading - tdameritrade

Just my opinion.

d2arcing said:
not sure what to use, any opinions?[/

You have a better chance of finding bars of gold than making money with stocks. Good luck

Hey Marko0916,I didn't find any gold bars but 6 years ago I bought 20 shares of StarBucks stock @$9.25 a share and now it's around $50 a share so,I did make some money:)

D2arcing.

I'm sure you have TONS of experience in the markets.............

I have a friend who has used Swiss Forex, Dukascopy, for about 2 yrs now.
He trades pips, so not sure if that would be your thing or not. I know he does well.
(my $0.02 worth)

Terry, I LOVE e-trade baby! LOL! Wanna see my shocked face!? LOL!

I subscribe to GuruFocus. Expensive but gives me just about all of the information I could ever use including Hedge funds/whales sells and buys of specific stocks.

Scottrade is only $7 a trade and pretty good.

Scottrade is only $7 a trade and pretty good.

I used to trade with Scottrade and if you trade frequently enough like day trade, you can talk them down to $6 per trade. However I did not like using Scottrade. They are very limited in their stock borrows if you want to short stocks. It doesn't matter if you are a long term investor though.

If you want to trade a lot, it's better to go with a direct access broker instead of Scottrade. Using Scottrade, your orders have to be routed to them first, then to the market which is slower than a direct access broker. A lot of people use Interactive Brokers. They have a lot of shares available if you want to short certain stocks.

I use Lightspeed Trading. Their commission is .0045 per share with a $1.00 per order commission minimum. I use their platform which is pretty good. They do have misc. monthly charges like $20 data fee so you get access to Level 2 quotes. They also charge a minimum of $100 per month minus commissions so if you trade often and enough to go over $100 in commissions, they won't charge you anything. This is for traders who day trade a lot.

I like Fidelity and TD ameritrade.

Robinhood is a new iPhone/Android app that lets you make trades with zero commissions. I've been using it for about 6 months. It's extremely basic, but you can't beat the fees!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back