✅ SOLVED What are these marks?

Doris1

Tenderfoot
Apr 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

For years nobody has been able to identify these marks and attribute a pair of candleabras to anyone, or anywhere.

These are single candlesticks, that have an attachment to become 3 candle holders. They are at least 90 years old.

There is no mark indicating them sterling, but if they are plate, there is no sign of wear, despite years of polishing.

The only wear, is the marks on the bottom, typical...

Thanks in advance for any and help.

Attachments

• Candleabra1.JPG
    Candleabra1.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 133
  • Candleabra2.JPG
    Candleabra2.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 127
  • Candleabra3.JPG
    Candleabra3.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 150
  • Candleabra4.JPG
    Candleabra4.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 158
  • Candleabra5.JPG
    Candleabra5.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 138

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm very curious as these are exactly like the ones that are on my dining room table.

Upvote 0

mical66

Jul 17, 2012
Greeneville , TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hope this does not sound to funny , but watching pawn stars , Rick had a App for his i phone that told what the old marks meant and even dates the item .
not sure where to get it though.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

Doris1

Tenderfoot
Apr 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are your marks any clearer? This is the clearest one I have. The other candlesticks mark is less visible.
Maybe we can figure this out between us

Upvote 0

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking silver. I'm going to take a shot at the marks, they aren't that clear, and I may have be mistaken, but here goes. The crown means Sheffield, (English), and the far right mark ( the B ) is 1897. Ican't make out the others, and only hope that this helps. Others more knowledgable are welcome to correct me

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

Doris1

Tenderfoot
Apr 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking silver. I'm going to take a shot at the marks, they aren't that clear, and I may have be mistaken, but here goes. The crown means Sheffield, (English), and the far right mark ( the B ) is 1897. Ican't make out the others, and only hope that this helps. Others more knowledgable are welcome to correct me

Thanks! I'll look into it.

Upvote 0

AU Seeker

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
E-Track, MXT, CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm thinking it's Sheffield as well because of the Crown, but I see the mark to the far right as a "P" not a "B", here's the Sheffield marks with that style of "P" which would date it to 1791, none of the other Sheffield "P" marks looks like the one on your candlestick except the one for 1791.

English silver marks: marks and hallmarks of Sheffield sterling silver

SHEFFIELD SILVER MARKS

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

Doris1

Tenderfoot
Apr 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Mical66, I got an App as you suggested, and lo & behold I found the mystery mark!

It is GOLDFEDER SILVERWARE

many thanks for the lead.

Upvote 0

Ladislav

Mar 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I would request you, I need to identify this symbol on the teapot. Would be American teapot from tin, but that's all I know, I would like to find out more information. Thank you all for your help.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 106
  • FullSizeRender_1.jpg
    FullSizeRender_1.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 98
  • FullSizeRender_2.jpg
    FullSizeRender_2.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 86
Upvote 0

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ladislav, I would post a separate thread for this? It will get noticed then. THis case is solved.

Cheers

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread