The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I first laid eyes on a metal detector, it was back in 1968. I was eight years old. To me…. the question was, what’s a metal detector? I had no idea, but all I knew at that time was, it was suppose to find buried treasure…My Dad and uncle Len purchased one when we bought some land back in 1964. I was told some years later that they found some coins and maybe a few pieces of jewelry here are there, but nothing that stood out.
Over the years things change and the detecting just faded away. One thing about my father, when it comes to watching a good show on TV, it has to be the History channel, Discovery channel or one that shows and talks about things of interest…Treasure hunting that was always a great topic he loved to watch. When my father retired many years ago he spent much of his time with friends, family and always made his way out to the country, which he love very much. City life was not for him. But I guess most of us grow up in it at some point in our lives. Still waters and calm winds, green valleys and tall pines, hardwood forests and star filled nights. That’s what life is about to him…
Many of his friends would say,” your father is a proud man, and always preached what he believed in”. Loves his grandchildren and would do anything for those who just asked.
Monday…..St.Patricks day my father passed away. At the age of 78. I loved my father. ……Like all that he cherished, he always showed an interest in the hobby of metal detecting and the finds and Relics that I would surprise him with. Because of his illness he was unable to get out and about the last year. He has been battling lung cancer, which he developed over 2 years ago. He has been fighting it everyway possible. During the holidays or any occasion that we would get together, the first thing he asked would be…”where are the finds” or what did you find? I can’t think of anyone that enjoyed hearing about what it was and the story behind it. ……I loved my dad and I will miss him. He was a pioneer, his love for history and his interest in metal detecting 40 years ago had set the path for my interest today. If it wasn’t for him, I may have never looked at a metal detector.
I thank you dad for all that you did, not only for me… but for your friends, our family and all the people who knew you… we will all miss you!

Your son John

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
John,...Seeker,

So sorry to hear of your father's passing.
His legacy as handed down to you, you continue to share with the rest of us on a daily basis.
You have my deepest condolences.

Take enough time to let your heart heal,
and take care of the rest of your family right now.
Our prayers are with you all.

Thom

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John,
I am very sorry to hear about your dad.. just rememeber now when you detect he will always be with you and in your heart... I will remember you all in my prayers..

rae

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
John,
So very sorry to hear about your dad. I hope you know our prayers and hearts are with you and your entire family.
Christy

Attachments

• Tnet Angel.gif
    Tnet Angel.gif
    63.7 KB · Views: 799
  • Tnet Angel.gif
    Tnet Angel.gif
    63.7 KB · Views: 588

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John,

I'm so sorry about your dad. My heart and prayers to you and yours.

Judie

Sympathy%20Card%20-%20His%20Journey\'s%20Just%20Begun.jpg

Attachments

• Sympathy%20Card%20-%20His%20Journey\'s%20Just%20Begun.jpg
    Sympathy%20Card%20-%20His%20Journey\'s%20Just%20Begun.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 574

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
John, our hearts and prayers are with your dad, you and your family. May he live forever in your heart and mind.

Desertfox and
Ladyfox

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
God speed to your Dad. Heart felt sower for you. It's never the same again.

Ken

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
John, my heart goes out to you and your family. May God bless and comfort you.

In sympathy today,
In friendship always...

PBK

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a wonderful, but sad tribute to a man that obviously had alot of good influence in your life.

May the good Lord take him in his arms, and may the angel of mercy make your suffering short.

Mr. Oro and I offer our thoughts and prayers in this time of sorrow.

B

BIGHEAD

Jan 5, 2008
Pensacola,Fla
Detector(s) used
,MXT 300, Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm sorry about your dad. My dad just passed in January from liver cancer so I know your pain. people say the hurting eases up but it still hurts and i miss him every day. Just rely on family and friends and remember the good times shared. Have peace knowing he's in a better place,in no pain waiting for you.
MY CONDOLENCES BIGHEAD

OP
OP
The Seeker

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for your thoughts , your prayers ,E-mails, the letters and cards........They mean so much to me , our family and everyone who knew my father. The people here in Tnet have been wonderful ......from the time I joined this site, the support, the friends I have met and the members I have talked with could not be more friendlier . I would only wish great things for everyone. In the busy life we live in these days, finding the time to get on Tnet is kinda tough at the moment. But I hope to from time to time this year. Thanks again........May this year bring good heath , and happiness to all of you and your family's!

Thanks John

R

RUDY2003

John, so very sorry for your loss.....You do him proud and a very eloquent tribute......

We will see them again............................

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
John,

I know words alone can never replace the loss of a loved one. But, the memories that they gave us....both good and bad....can help take away the sting of Death....and let us rejoice in their Life.

My heart goes out to you.
---Mel

borninok

th_jesus.jpg

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello John,

I am only reading this topic now,,,, I feel such an idiot,,,,,, sorry my friend for your loss, I know that it must have been a difficult time for you, as I have now lost both my parents. That rock in your stomach seems to take forever to leave you, but the Lord is great in fixing stomachs :wink:

All the best John, treasure what your Dad meant to you....

God bless
Peter

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread