Using heavy equipment on unpatented placer claim?

Gramps43

Feb 27, 2011
Tillamook, OR
Detector(s) used
White's 4900/D Pro Plus
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would say if the claim is on private property it's between you and the property owner unless of course that's you. I don't believe the USFS or BLM would allow it.

Gramps

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You would have to file a Notice of Intent before the Plan of Operation, if you plan on keeping it small and less than 5 acres you may not need the Plan of Operations. The USFS is supposed to reply within 15 days so I would do your research and be carefull of what you put in the Notice of Intent. Lets just say LESS IS MORE....

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dave wiseman said:
On a mining claim with certain size equipment you have to file a plan of operation..if you want to be legal.Good luck on that if your in California......https://www.google.com/search?sourc...05l0l14937l30l30l1l22l23l0l262l1448l0.3.4l7l0

Davo,I see an operation down at Hanselman Hill,by Briskeys yard....they are scooping up the creek and running through a trommel....never thought I would see that in these times!I dont see how they are going to reclamate the creek?

dave wiseman

Jul 23, 2004
Angels Camp,Ca.
Sounds like the death penalty to me Mr. Kuger..Isn't Hanselman's Hill by the fairgrounds?Don't follow this stuff but how could they get any kind of permit for that kind of work?Someone mentioned the other day something about a trommel being parked in town,perhaps that's the one.Fish & game might burn them for killing the crawdads,fresh water clams,lichen and protozoa.Your talking about along the side road which leads to Briski's yard,correct?Bart,worked the tertiary channel there for awhile.Those fellows must have a brass pair,but the judge will work em' over.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dave wiseman said:
Sounds like the death penalty to me Mr. Kuger..Isn't Hanselman's Hill by the fairgrounds?Don't follow this stuff but how could they get any kind of permit for that kind of work?Someone mentioned the other day something about a trommel being parked in town,perhaps that's the one.Fish & game might burn them for killing the crawdads,fresh water clams,lichen and protozoa.Your talking about along the side road which leads to Briski's yard,correct?Bart,worked the tertiary channel there for awhile.

Yep,where Drago used to let everybody pan,until that ye hoo took up residence there and put it in the paper.....I dont know how they are getting away with what there doing either?They arent very well hid....you can see it right off the highway

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dave wiseman said:
Total insanity,hope their truck has a salvage title and their equipment is rented.Will ask my source about that trommel in the morning at Rodz Grille.
Let me know my friend :thumbsup:

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it Patented land ? Or do they have a Notice of Intent or Plan of Operation that they got Ok'ed. You have the right to the minerals no matter where they are on your claim.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure Jog.....I just can not imagine them being able to legally be able to do what they are doing! :dontknow:

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the USFS or BLM claim that they own the land and also the ground under the creek or river then that gives you the right to mine it as long as you have the proper permits. Patent land is even better yet.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand that....it is private land,but with the endangered species,storm water pollution controls and all of the other regs that go along with anything to do with a water way,I cant see how in the hell you could be tractor scooping the whole freaking creek bed up!!But hey,they are so more power to them

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread