cdsieg

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2011
WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found at a thrift shop near Austin Texas a few years back, I have researched high and low and can't find another vase even close to this.
I just love it, I think it is just a beautiful vase. I did not see anything that I could say for sure was a markers mark, the picture with the tape measure in it is the only thing I have to compare its size too.

The vase is back in WI and I am in Texas, so I can't give you the exact dimensions.

Hi,
Thank You for responding,
The vase strands are leather, I thought it may have been a bong myself, but if it is it has not been used. There is no resin on it and it doesn't smell like marijuana.

I Never thought of an African Theme, I guess I got stuck on the Native American, so it is something for me to look into.

Here are a couple more photos.

It is sterling silver and leather fringes and leather patches inside the design on the outside of the vase. The leather is brown even though it may appear to be black.

Yes it is similar to the Native American Wedding Vase, but I have search the web for more hours than I care to admit and can not find anything this elaborate. I also looked up Chief or Warrior Vases, ceremonial vases or jugs and can not find anything.

It doesn't have a strainer in either of the holes, I thank you all for your responses and still look forward to more thoughts or answers!

Here are more photos, I know a few things on the jug or vase do look like makers marks, but I am not sure which is what. The silver dog like thing to me seems to be the most obvious, but I am not sure about that either! :BangHead: I can't muster up very many more photos, all I have is the ones I took for my brother before we left for Texas and my pickings are getting slim!

Breezie, I did look up double neck jugs and some are pretty close, but still can't find anything this elaborate, not even close. I really appreciate your help and everyone elses! Keep it coming, we can bang heads together!

Attachments

• TEXAS FINDS 07.jpg
    TEXAS FINDS 07.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 569
  • DSCN0018.JPG
    DSCN0018.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 626
  • DSCN0029.JPG
    DSCN0029.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 682
  • DSCN0033.JPG
    DSCN0033.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 717
  • DSCN0053.JPG
    DSCN0053.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 739
  • 1DSCN0053.JPG
    1DSCN0053.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 429

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0
OP
OP
cdsieg

cdsieg

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2011
WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Unsolved... Even MORE Photos added: What is this called?

mrs.oroblanco said:
Boy, Breezie,

If I didn't know better (and I really don't), I'd say that "style" copied something from Royal Doulton or Fabrege. (especially Royal Doulton).

Interesting item, to be sure.

Nice find, cdsieg.

Beth
Hi Beth,
I looked at Royal Doulton vases and they certainly make some unique pieces, I will looked into it further. Thanks for the suggestion.
Cindy

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions