Cache Hunting

Voldetector

Sep 21, 2018
TN
Detector(s) used
F75+, NOX600, BHLRP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can definitely tell when they try to make a moment into a dramatic scene, it cracks me up. 100% scripted, its hard to watch certain scenes. I do love anything about a treasure hunts though, so they got me there.

OP
OP
deducer

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I do love anything about a treasure hunt though, so they got me there.

Same here. It's hard to resist that. I just wish they would work harder and do a better job of selling the fiction they come up with.

Doesn't look like there is anything programmed for tonight.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Obozo made it legal to broadcast propaganda to the public so what's a few lies from a TV program:laughing9:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same here. It's hard to resist that. I just wish they would work harder and do a better job of selling the fiction they come up with.

Doesn't look like there is anything programmed for tonight.

season ended. as usual they show a Possible major find & End the season There.

whether they will start Next season where they Left off,
Or start a whole New quest next time Like they did with Snake Island is any ones Guess at this point.

OP
OP
deducer

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
season ended. as usual they show a Possible major find & End the season There.

whether they will start Next season where they Left off,
Or start a whole New quest next time Like they did with Snake Island is any ones Guess at this point.

I didn't know that, thanks. Wonder if there will be anything new coming soon.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
probably not till mid summer, after oak island, which I think will start anytime now

gflores71

Nov 26, 2005
Central Coast, CA / Bolivia
Detector(s) used
White's V3, MXT All Pro, DFX, XLPro,TM-808, TDI-SL with 25" coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I can find out online

Bolivia's Summer (verano) is the rainy season, which runs roughly from November to March.

They supposedly were on the fringe of it at the end.
so I'd guess a year ago.

That is IF they didn't Lie about the Rainy Season just Starting

I think you are right, the water they crossed was turbid but not yet high in volume. The ground was moist under vegetation but the vegetation not quite green yet. Seems like late Fall in Bolivia.

I have not seen the show, only the 7 minute intro. When they overlook the location from above... they are actually in the right place. I researched the area thru satellite many years ago. You do have access by car, so I guess the donkey thing is to make it look like an expedition.

You will also notice that going up a dirt road in zig zag there is a small village.

here is a direct link

https://www.google.com/maps/place/R...c961c8a199325!8m2!3d-16.9294734!4d-66.9902515

G

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea they took heavy equipment in to dig tunnels.

Not to Mention a Complete Camera Crew, Medics ,
Maybe a Chopper & of course all the Amenities Necessary to keep
the Camera Crews Union off their Arses.

it didn't all fit on a few stubborn mules

Last edited:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Give them a little bit of credit on this one though. At the end of each episode they did find something of interest and or value. The other treasure shows they wait until the season finale to show what looks like it might be something of interest or value. :dontknow:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea I certainly Hoped it would have gone on awhile Longer.

There was allot of grandstanding Like Pulling the Bell out with the Loader.
A definite No-No If it was packed tight in Rock,
They could have Busted the Ring off the top.
I'm not sure they would have Risked that,
if it was a real antique .

And the Dynamite Plunger. looked pretty good for going through how many rainy seasons ?

The Golden Fleece Find ? :dontknow: I'm still 100% Lost on that..
just doesn't sit well without Jason & the Argonauts Standing By
to fight Skeletons :tongue3: there were No Greek gods watching Either.

But , I'm no Expert.

I just like Treasure shows.

Last edited:

gflores71

Nov 26, 2005
Central Coast, CA / Bolivia
Detector(s) used
White's V3, MXT All Pro, DFX, XLPro,TM-808, TDI-SL with 25" coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not seen the show yet, Bolivia does have lots of history and lots of stuff to be found. I did get to detect a Jesuit house in Sucre with the IHS logo two years ago. Was not able to do a good job because they called me the afternoon before the new owners where coming in. Lots of old metal.. difficult hunt plus rushed.

I have been to jesuit ruins out in the woods in Bolivia, ruins not mentioned in the regular "jesuit mission" literature.

Lots of history, just not the best time to be in the woods due to the political situation. The current govt. has convinced the natives that the city people are their enemies and actually given the natives more rights.

Hope to have better days soon...

G

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
As far as that bell goes.......... I am no expert, but when they first thought it was a cannon I could not believe what they just said. We only had a glimpse of it and it obviously had the appearance of a bell. And I agree about yanking it out of the ground, when I saw them hook it up to the end loader I wondered who suggested that bright idea. They found a chain and immediately get on the sat phone and called the guy in California to tell him, but they find the bell and :dontknow: ? I find flaws in the show, but again, it was done better than most others and I wanted to watch each episode to see what was next. I give Discovery Channel a "B" on this one.

bobinsd

Oct 20, 2005
San Diego California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just came from a geo-trip to Bolivia, Looking around for the Sacambaya myself...

This is what I found recently in an off the beaten path hidden away so you would never find it unless you measured to that spot!

I wonder if this is in the San Ramon document...

View attachment 1642757
I wonder what the WT-I Means? I think it means "Walkers Trail" and I as in "IHS" typical Jesuit treasure trails to mines and vaults. Of course I thought of more modern themes as in "Water Tank", "Wagon Trail" or "Water Tower" but nothing was there at 247 degrees and 79 feet on the visible surface so I assume it has a deeper "Dig Here" meaning.
I thought it was paint until I realized that it was made from very old Lichen.
It has green lichen on the white and silver lichen in and near the letters and numerals.
At first I thought it said 247 degrees and 79 minutes like map coordinates until I realized it meant 79' feet! But Castilian feet or Spanish feet it's close by!
I just have to get back there for the thrill of this hunt!

seaweed

Greenie
Oct 20, 2012
SFL
Detector(s) used
ExcalII
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just came from a geo-trip to Bolivia, Looking around for the Sacambaya myself...

This is what I found recently in an off the beaten path hidden away so you would never find it unless you measured to that spot!

View attachment 1642757
I wonder what the WT-I Means? I think it means "Walkers Trail" and I as in "IHS" typical Jesuit treasure trails to mines and vaults. Of course I thought of more modern themes as in "Water Tank", "Wagon Trail" or "Water Tower" but nothing was there at 247 degrees and 79 feet on the visible surface so I assume it has a deeper "Dig Here" meaning.
It has green lichen on the white and silver lichen in and near the letters and numerals.
At first I thought it said 247 degrees and 79 minutes like map coordinates until I realized it meant 79' feet! But Castilian feet or Spanish feet it's close by!

I think it would be an abbreviation for spanish words, although W is not a very common letter in espanol....

Rostov1

Sep 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably another Oak Island. Although, I do like both shows.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it would be an abbreviation for spanish words, although W is not a very common letter in espanol....

I looked that up. You're right there isn't much in Spanish for the "W".

From what I've seen over the years working in the field at Spanish mining sites they also used Latin. Walkers trails are signed with a "W" like the one I found which had a foot shaped monument with a light sky opening shaping the letter "W" which lead me to an "A" Map as it was a left foot for left turn. "W's" are quite common in the system they used. Of course a "T' would represent a cross. Just like the cross laid out on the rock down and to the left of where the rock monument is pointing.

I also considered "Water Table 79 feet" but that would have to be a hell of a dowser!

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

View attachment 1642757
There is no correlation that I can find between the San Roman document and what you have found, that does not mean however, that there is no significance.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no correlation that I can find between the San Roman document and what you have found, that does not mean however, that there is no significance.

The Geo trip I took was on GE. The San Ramon document is as vague as you can get. It reminds me of the Molina Document!

Saint Ramon's real name is Ramon Lull.

That stone is in Northern Arizona. I was looking for the Lost Adams Diggings when I found it. Just thought it would make for good conversation. I don't know if Adams party had anyone who's initials were "WT"? Maybe it's a trail to a fort or an old watering hole?

Could be Spanish or Anglo it's hard to tell.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread