treasure trove laws

shootist449

Sep 29, 2008
I recently received a Quick Silver Detector and I can not wait to use it. But, the problem is, I looked up the treasure trove laws for kentucky and found that there is no detecting in state parks.
I would appreciate some suggestions , as to where is some of the best place to hunt in the Lexington area?
I would also like to know if there is anyone who is interested in forming a Lexington Treasure Hunting Club?
Thanks in Advance for Any Help Offered, Shootist449

cavers5

Feb 16, 2005
The farms around Lexington are good places to hunt, just ask permission.

Good luck!
Cavers5

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
shootist449 said:
I recently received a Quick Silver Detector and I can not wait to use it. But, the problem is, I looked up the treasure trove laws for kentucky and found that there is no detecting in state parks.
I would appreciate some suggestions , as to where is some of the best place to hunt in the Lexington area?
I would also like to know if there is anyone who is interested in forming a Lexington Treasure Hunting Club?
Thanks in Advance for Any Help Offered, Shootist449

School yards are good for a beginner. Try around the woodchips and learn your machine and help pay for it too.

alpha78

Dec 6, 2007
Lawrenceburg, Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White`s dfx
The best place to hunt in Lexington is the one that has never been hunted. Do some research, and good luck!

If you are looking for tips on what to hunt, try these: Back yards, vacant lots next to old houses, the grass strip next to streets that once had parking meters. And my favorite, the sites where Ma Bell had her phone booths. I once search a booth site at the RED MILE and found over twenty dollars in dimes and quarters.

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This treasure trove law can keep you out of the other parks as well,if someone wants to enforce it.
I personally don't hunt the parks much but my uncle does pretty regularly and he did have a problem at one of the parks in Louisville,where they told him he couldn't hunt.
The State parks like stated is definetly a NO and can be some serious trouble.

Nova Treasure

bclark

Jun 27, 2007
Daytona Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Whites Bullseye II
Equinox 800/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Lexington and I hit up the parks and some schools. I live right off off 1-75 by Mary Todd Elementary School. I was doing some research and the area I live in used to be a huge amusement park back in the day. Another area I usually go is fair grounds. I find some interesting things at Masterson Station since there used to be an old cabin out there. If you want to meet up sometimes I can hit up some areas with you?

Bernie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions