Treasure locator in Billlings

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do the treasure locating. Gold, silver, diamonds, cash, but I can locate pretty much any item especially if I have a sample to work with. I was at a prospecting outing and when someone fired up their high-banker the fill cap was not secured and flew off into the creek. Several people looked for about a half hour. I got out some equipment, got a line pointing to an area and walked towards it. The stream was very cold and I did not feel like wading so I just stopped and thought about it for a minute. Then I looked down at my feet and saw a couple threads showing through the sand and water. There is was and it took me about two minutes to find it.

Anyway, I've been at this for longer than some people have been alive. It works and people who say it doesn't have never seen someone who knows. I build my own locators but I've used many different ones over the years. I don't like to call it dowsing, but I do just so people have an idea of what I am doing.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are even thinking about anything sold on ebay, check with me first. 99% of that stuff "long range detector" is just about worthless and way overpriced. Anything that has a control case mounted on a swivel handle, it's sucker bait. Not saying they are all fraud, just don't waste your money cause most of that stuff is obsolete and way unreliable in the first place. What I build costs less and works better. Yeah, I am speaking from first hand experience.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the local clubs think it's called Beartooth is having a meeting first Monday 6:30 at the Pizza Ranch. Last meeting they had a gold nugget door prize. I don't know how much it weighed but is was very generous in size. If you're into this, the club has a gold claim.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is also a GPAA chapter here. Also a (mostly) water dowsers group but they don't meet very often.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Beartooth Treasure Hunters have a gold claim. I heard someone pulled some gold out. They have a website.

maui

Dec 3, 2007
maui, hawaii
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
signal line, where are you located? i am in north idaho and would like to meet fellow prospectors. i am also a GPAA member.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Billings. Don't get over to Idaho much. I know there are some people in western Montana.

maui

Dec 3, 2007
maui, hawaii
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
signal line, thanks for the reply, i appreciate it. i will try and find some folks in western montana,'take care.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread