Tornado warning ‼️ hope everyone’s okay today check in 👍🏽

DirtyHandsCleanPoints

Mar 30, 2024
Some major storms tonight across Texas, Oklahoma, northwest Arkansas up to Missouri sirens woke me up at 3am hope everyone is well. been flooded pretty bad in my woods but I got out and walked a new high line path close to home today before this big storm. hit some decent bases and a really nice scraper. Lots of flint litter possibly a new site. I think we got at least 2/3 inches just tonight “so far” and at least 6 combined for the week so I’m hoping all my new feeders produce me something good or at least more insight I’ve been doin a lot of homework. The full point is just to show the base belonged to some sort of Adena most likely.

Attachments

• IMG_8880.jpeg
    IMG_8880.jpeg
    390.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_8885.jpeg
    IMG_8885.jpeg
    478.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_8853.jpeg
    IMG_8853.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2824.png
    IMG_2824.png
    463.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2838.png
    IMG_2838.png
    568.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_8884.jpeg
    IMG_8884.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_8882.jpeg
    IMG_8882.jpeg
    407.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_8881.jpeg
    IMG_8881.jpeg
    379.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_8878.jpeg
    IMG_8878.jpeg
    361.6 KB · Views: 14
Upvote 11

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was right in the line that dropped 5 inches before round 2 which started about 1 am and will go a few more hours. The news mentioned a photo of a tornado near the town I live just south of and two confirmed tornados that dropped southwest and moved through several miles to the north. There was what they said looked like a radar tornado that moved right over my area and I got to spend some time in the basement. Curious what daylight will bring got major flood warnings now. Sounds like they expect water to top the levys. Hoping for minimal destruction and some dirt moved to expose some points.

Looks like you’ve got a good start in your area on the artifact front. I’ve found a little lobed base like that before my best guess was rice lobed for what it’s worth
IMG_9890.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
DirtyHandsCleanPoints

DirtyHandsCleanPoints

Mar 30, 2024
I was right in the line that dropped 5 inches before round 2 which started about 1 am and will go a few more hours. The news mentioned a photo of a tornado near the town I live just south of and two confirmed tornados that dropped southwest and moved through several miles to the north. There was what they said looked like a radar tornado that moved right over my area and I got to spend some time in the basement. Curious what daylight will bring got major flood warnings now. Sounds like they expect water to top the levys. Hoping for minimal destruction and some dirt moved to expose some points.

Looks like you’ve got a good start in your area on the artifact front.
Thank you sir glad you made it out safely. I’m curious what the daylight brings as well but there is no doubt some fresh gravel to be walked I wish I had some field permissions but I’ve never put the effort into asking for any so I can’t complain to much. I’ve never hunted a field but I will sooner or later when the kiddo gets about 5y/o so I can have him knock and ask always better odds lol

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OP
OP
DirtyHandsCleanPoints

DirtyHandsCleanPoints

Mar 30, 2024
thanks dizzy I use the river app a lot because I do a lot of kayaking but this creek is less than a mile from home I’ve got it pretty figured out in the past 25 years haha but I will be checking out that tool you sent 🤘🏼

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
I’m hoping to have a nice haul this weekend if water levels get floatable I’m on a 2 day 25 mile float specifically for bank walking should be a good one. 🤞🏼
Sounds like a fun trip. I can’t walk my winter creek until it gets cold again due to the rift raft that has moved into the area. They will leave again when it gets cold. Too dangerous to be out there by myself.

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Walked for 10 hours and Storms produced 8 or so brokes and a nice hafted scraper, got two spots underwater, we’ll see what the river brings later. It May be a bit before gravel bars are exposed

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread