Thunder Over Louisville

birds5

Greenie
Jun 13, 2006
I have lived in Louisville, Ky. for about 2 1/2 years relocated from western Pa. I used to be a member of the Butler metal detecting club in that area. I have the desire to metal detect with other people in the louisville, Ky. area. I have hunted a few areas such as around central park up around fourth street, near third street and fourth street around the Churchhill Downs area. I still don't have the luck or have found any good metal detecting areas like I hunted in up in western Pa.
One area that looks like it may be productive in coin shooting is Waterfront Park after Thunder Over Louisville, what does everyone think about this area looking for other metal detectorists to join me . Needing ideas of where to metal detect in Louisville area or not to far outside of Louisville area. Please email me at [email protected] lets swing and dig for treasure.

Lookin

Feb 15, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's MXT; backup - BH Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
Other
Waterfront Development Corporation who manages the Waterfront Park in Louisville does not allow metal detecting. I've already checked into that. Good luck!

JimmyT

Jan 13, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Hi 5 ;D
This coming Thursday I will be laid up for 2 or 3 months but have friends that hit Shawnee Park a lot. Have seen 7 pieces of silver taken out this year ( none for me ) with one being a beautiful Barber Quarter. Most of it has been between 5 to 8 inches but this is a large and old park. On one Sunday there were 6 people a hunting. This park has been hunted to death (as they say) and is trashy but as you can see above it is still giving up a little.
Later Jimmy

weldermark

Jan 17, 2005
LOU-EVIL KY
Detector(s) used
white's DFX
hey bird,you can hunt the water front park if you want,there are over 120 parks in the metro to be hunted,plus the continuous park being built around the metro,try the walking path's at Cherokee,the last time there produce a 03 V nick and three merc's !!! that's on the walking path's they use today.

mark

Lookin

Feb 15, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's MXT; backup - BH Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
Other
Sure, you can hunt anywhere....until you get caught! Waterfront Park is not part of the metro park system, per say, as it is managed by the Waterfront Park Corporation, which does not allow M/Ding. They can be contacted at [email protected] if you want to know. I'm just the messenger here, but that is what I have been told the rules are. I'll respect those rules, rather than give the hobby a bad name.

As the judge says...."ignorance is no excuse".... Do whatever you feel is "right"! :wink:

Lookin

izzitcat

May 13, 2008
Louisville,Ky.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger/White's Classic5ID
Glad I read this, thought waterfront was metro oops been there fairly new full of zinc and clad. Won't go back! Gotta go by the rules so people will know we're the good guys!

Root Hawg

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
izzitcat said:
Glad I read this, thought waterfront was metro oops been there fairly new full of zinc and clad. Won't go back! Gotta go by the rules so people will know we're the good guys!

Root Hawg

Besides, Waterfront is such a NEW park...

Why give the hobby a bad name for the sake of two bucks in CLAD?

You can do better than that.

weldermark

Jan 17, 2005
LOU-EVIL KY
Detector(s) used
white's DFX
that's strange the people mowing the lawns didn't care that i was there oh well
i guess i was lucky!!! i wasn't aware of them being a separate entity,from the city.

mark

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread